Re: [amibroker] OT: HTML vs. Plain Text

Hi Jayson & WM,

Monday, June 14, 2004, 11:32:35 AM, you wrote:

J> I prefer HTML... it is easier to read with highlighted colors, underlined
J> hyperlinks embedded pictures, bold print,  etc....... I do not see it as
J> "cutsey" or "CB" I see it as the natural evolution of the net. My computer
J> has more than 64 k of memory , a HD larger than 10 MB and yes, my email is
J> set to HTML

First of all, I did not propose banning HTML.  So knock it off.

Second, you, Jayson, unlike WM, at least have your HTML settings
configured so they do not screw with the STANDARD of the Internet,
which, whether you like it, or believe it, is PLAIN-TEXT mail.  You
don't imbed your text inside someone else's quoted text, and you
offset quoted text rather than use a marker that plain-text readers
don't pick up.  Fine.

I object strenuously however, to e-mail that CANNOT be read properly,
or easily, in what IS the standard, and this is a mail client set on
plain text.  HTML messages can be formatted correctly.  That is all I
ask.  Correct formatting is not to ignore the STANDARD form, but to
accommodate it.

Finally, WM, I'm sorry to be the first to complain.  Believe me, you
have been fortunate, and probably have not participated in many
mailing lists in the past (spare me, they *crucify* HTML posters in
many fora).  But if you'd just change your formatting, I don't think
we'd have a problem.

Yuki