RE: [amibroker] how to? with script, download data from web

FWIW, I haven't had much of a problem with NAV, but I agree that Symantec
bites as a company. Unfortunately, they're still the 800 pound gorilla in
this space, even though they've had awful customer service for years, and
buy competitors out just to kill them off.

IMO, you have to have a proactive anti-virus program (not just an
after-the-fact scanner), if you connect to the internet at all.

However, I don't think you need a software firewall with a properly
configured router between your cable modem and computer(s). They're
reasonably cheap these days, fast, and set up right, you don't even look
like you exist to the outside world, which is much less of a script-kiddie
magnet than looking like something that can't be broken into. You also get a
lot of flexibility in what you let get in and out, if you want it. I don't
know if there are routers that work with dialup, if that's what you've got.

Dave