[amibroker] Sychronized Ambroker on different machines

Wow -- you've done a lot of good stuff! Appreciate it. And my vote
would be to "meld" the two sets of code (export/import & backtest) as
it would give me a "pushbutton" system ;-). I don't have any opinions
on how best to do it though. Will need to play with it for awhile.

But first a question. I'm just now trying your export/import and it's
not working for me (after successfully using Herman's last week). I
get a "VBScript Finished" message but the RT database isn't updated
and there are no tracks left as to what has happened (-EOD quotes
aren't imported, nothing is left in the Output folder, etc).

My EOD database is Yahoo and RT is eSignal. I "think" I've gotten
your format and AFL file set up correctly (?). Here are my parameters
for your code:

RT_DB_Path = "G:\Program Files\AmiBroker\ESignal_IBD_04172004"
EOD_DB_Path = "G:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Yahoo_EOD_041704"
Frmla_Path = "G:\Program Files\AmiBroker\AFL\dingo_export_import.afl"
CSV_Dir = "G:\Program Files\Amibroker\Output"
FmtFleNam = "G:\Program Files\Amibroker\Format\dingo.Format"

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan Adams

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:
> I never expect that and doubt that you should.  8-)
>
> BTW - one other way to set the params (without having a command line
> argument) would be to put your settings into a text file (with a
> specifically designed format) and then it could be read and parsed
by the
> script.
>
> Glad you like the scripting. BTW - you can do a lot of what can be
done in
> regular VB in script - but the biggest drawback is not being able
to create
> a true form. That can be overcome to some degree by putting the
script in a
> browser and using that as the form. This I haven't done personally
as I just
> haven't had the time to try it and I write all of my own tools in
VB - I've