[amibroker] Re: VBScript to automate back test and export of tradelist.

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Brian,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
spend
a little time here and you will see there are MANY people helping out on a daily
basis. Why pay for a support person to monitor the board when the board takes
care of itself? If you have a problem the board can not solve then email support
and you get help , often the same day. TJ's success is in fact all our success.
I have been hanging around some 2 years and have witnessed the growth of this
product. Prior to that I was a full time user of what you referred to as the
higher end products. There is simply no comparison to AB and MS. There is no
comparison to AB and TS. I have enjoyed countless upgrades and bugs are fixed
almost faster than they can be reported. Bigger is not always better. Buy an
upgrade to MS and endure the challenges then get back to us. Equis has  a
team of management consultants , marketing guys and development personnel yet
they are losing users. TJ has limited overhead and a quickly growing client
base. It is a different marketing model, that does not in any way make it
inferior.
Regards,Jayson

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Brian
  [mailto:brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 11:46
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  IQFeed plugin version 1.5.1 releasedBy the way, if AB
  has not grown enough as a business in so many years to be able to afford
  to hire someone to handle the virtual communities (like this one) for AB,
  that in itself is a sign AB could benefit from some additional marketing
  and business development strategy. Little growth is generally deemed as a
  financial loss in the business world, due to the growth of
  competition.Imagine if this board or one like it had a full-time
  person devoted to it. That's what I'm talking about here. No real gains,
  then no perks for the customer. His successes are your
  successes.It may serve your immediate purposes to keep things as they
  are, but that's a bit selfish and unrealistic, don't you think?~B
  --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxxx>
  wrote:> You need to lower you cannon there duude!>
  > AB is a 2 man shop and only recently the second was added.  TJ
  is unique and> he's not an empire builder.  If TJ were to take
  your advice ( and this is> IMHO ) and do some "marketing" then he'd
  discover (just as the marketing> types at Equis have) that the way
  to riches is not by having the best or> fastest or most realiable
  or most feature rich or most supported  product> out there.
  Its by having software that looks good in the box and looks good>
  when you put up a graph and appeals to the person that's new to TA
  and> want's to have what everyone else has - only to realize
  months/dollars later> that the slick solution he bought isn't going
  to make him rich by the end of> next month. He then gives up and
  puts his shiny box on the shelf and goes> and sets up a bidness on
  eBay selling junk out of his attic.>  > That's the way to
  make lots of money in the TA software bidness - target the> great
  unwashed and rake in the gold.>  > Thankfully, TJ is old
  school and doesn't believe in that crap. He still> believes in
  quality, service, etc. That's why he's got a devoted customer> base
  that has grown slowly over the past n years and he seems satisfied
  with> that. And I for one am grateful he doesn't do any marketing
  studies.>  > d> > >
  >   _____  > > From: Brian
  [mailto:brian@xxxx] > Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 10:25 AM>
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Re: IQFeed plugin
  version 1.5.1 released> > > Tomasz,> > I've
  worked with a few companies that have been around for close to >
  100 years, and they still like to do things "the old way." Their >
  marketing reflects this fact, as well (they have very little >
  marketing budget). They rely heavily on word-of-mouth, which is a >
  form of branding.>  > blah, blah, bah.>
  > come rolling in. Just let me know.> > Thanks,>
  > BrianSend BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A