[amibroker] Re: IQFeed plugin version 1.5.1 released

TJ,

You also put yourself in a tough situation by not forcing customer
feedback into a registered web page that standardizes the customer
feedback collection process. You should not take ANY product changes
through this message board forum -- it sends the wrong message to
customers. You should listen, and offer advice, but that's it. All
product changes should happen as a result of looking at the larger
customer audience who uses your feedback form. I would imagine a
larger percentage of your customer audience sees your web site but
never sees this message board, for example. How do you know? You
never will know until your force people to register with your web
site.

Make sure to make every effort to tie those registrations back to
the products these customers actually own. Keep in mind you are
working at two levels -- customer acquisition and customer
retention. I'll let you research the difference and what that means
to you.

Do not make the mistake of assuming feedback on this message board
is representative of what is best for all of your customers -- both
potential customers, and also existing customers.

That's all for now... back to trading!

Regards,

Brian

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> I whole heartedly agree. Your time is far better spent developing
the
> software that puts food on your table. We have options for data
feeds. No
> one should expect that AB offers a data feed to every vendor . You
have
> spent 2 days writing and re-writing a plugin to fix a poor quality
data
> provider and have your self said only 6 users are utilizing it.
The group
> has over 2000 members and I assume there are more who do not join
our group.
> Move on TJ.....
>
> Regards,
>
> Jayson

DATA alone,
> shouldn't you expect the QUALITY data ?
>     I mean NO BAD TICKS, reliable API, no ZERO prices sent in OHL
fields
> during pre-market hours, etc ?
>
>     Why everyone expects the developer of the charting application
to fix
> ALL DATA problems that DATA VENDOR should fix in first place?
>
>     Why am I forced to implement hundreds of workarounds to make
IQFeed data
> usable ?
>
>     Why IQFeed sells the same data 2x cheaper to QuoteTracker?
>
>     Why don't they implement ANY fix to their API for over one
year from
> pointing out all problems ?
>
>     Why should I spend enormous amount of time working on IQFeed
plugin
> considering the fact that it generates ZERO REVENUE for me ?
>     ( I didn't receive ANY commission from IQFeed )
>
>     Best regards,
>     Tomasz Janeczko
>     amibroker.com

Amibroker
>         two times, each installation with a different version of
the IQFeed
>         plugin.
>
>         To Ed: The important thing to note here is that data with
>         base-interval daily  does NOT contain any bad ticks.
Your QQQ
>         example was a daily chart generated by compressing 1
minute bars.
> Of
>         course, if you compress bars with bad ticks (garbage in),
you get
>         again bars with bad ticks (garbage out).
>
>         But if the backfill is done with daily-bars (instead of
minute
> data),
>         there is no spike problem and the data is wonderfully
clean.
> Which
>         means that with IQFeed one would be able to look at clean
daily
>         charts, updated in realtime without any spikes, if only
the plugin
>         didn't contain any logic errors.
>
>         The fact that daily data doesn't have bad ticks has
something to do
>         with how the IQFeed historical data architecture is
working: daily
>         data is NOT generated from tick data (so it cannot include
bad
> ticks),
>         but minute data is.
>

>         > It implements bad data filter which is based on ATR
(average true
>         range).
>         > The filter is turned ON by default and uses 9-bar ATR of
High-Low

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511