[amibroker] Conditional Text Column

Brian,

Indeed it happens on some symbols. All symbols that I was checking were heavily traded.
The problem however appears only on more thinly traded symbols (specifically those
which have a lot of bars that have FLAT bars already (OHLC all equal WITHOUT filtering),
then the filter is simply too strong.

The plugin is now adjusted and new version (1.5.1) available
http://www.amibroker.com/bin/IQFeed1510.exe

By the way you can TURN OFF the filter already by going to
File->Database Settings then clicking CONFIGURE button and UNCHECKING "Enable" flag in
"CONFIGURE" dialog.

Please note that filter by default runs ATR(9)  and if current daily H-L range
exceeds by default 4 (four) times the ATR then it considers this bar as a spike.

This may or may not be correct for each and every symbol. (My experiments shows
that this is good choice but I was checking only Nasdaq 100 symbols).

You may increase the threshold from default 4 to say 5.

Anyway as I wrote many times the filtering or fixing bad ticks should be done by feed
on tick-by-tick level (not on minute bars) since only that way it can be accurate.
And this is what I am hoping for in API 3.0.

Anyway I have done already more than I planned (I have planned to wait for bad tick filter in IQFeed
but they did not make it for over a year).

My intention is to  wait for the API 3.0 with ANY further development of this plugin.

Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com