Re: [amibroker] Re: IQFeed plugin version 1.5.1 released

global_investor,

even the 1-minute chart of the QQQ contains a big
spike (12/22/2003 6:11:00). I like to switch from 1-minute intraday to daily
view sometimes. The daily view uses the 1-minte data to make up the daily chart
(this is my assumption -guess there is no other way-). For EOD data I have
QuotePlus.

Interesting point you made:<FONT
face=Arial size=2>
"Another point regarding the IQFeed
plugin is that the backfill routinesappear to have NO timeout.
Sometimes it happens that an attemptedbackfill "hangs" (waits) forever which
doesn't get detected by theplugin.  According to the version history
at<FONT
face="Courier New" size=3>http://www.amibroker.com/iqfeed.html,<FONT
face="Courier New" size=3> the backfill code is based onTCP/IP (= sockets),
so setting of the socket timeout value wouldpossibly help."

This might explain why my scans always hang/stop at some arbitrary symbol.
Guess eSignal has the same problem? Maybe Tomasz could advise?

rgds, Ed

<BLOCKQUOTE