[amibroker] alerts applying stops

Bob,
As I wrote, the use of Prec() needs special care, it may "kill" the
custom indicator.
If, for example, the range of some x is 0.012 to 0.024, then a Prec
(x,2) will give only two results, 0.01 and 0.02, which will give a
substantially different graph.
2 decimals accuracy is improper for x=1/RSI(), as you may see from
Plot(1/RSI(),"x",1,1);
Plot(Prec(1/RSI(),2),"xx",2,1);
Since the whole range of this custom x is less than 0.05, we need at
least a 4 decimals precision, ie
Plot(1/RSI(),"x",1,1);
Plot(Prec(1/RSI(),4),"xx",2,1);
or
Plot(1/RSI(),"x",1,1);
Plot(Prec(1/RSI(),5),"xx",2,1);
On the other side, for an sqrt(RSI()) the usual range is less than 10
and we could replace sqrt(RSI()) with Prec(sqrt(RSI()),3) without
significant change of the shape.
 Plot(sqrt(RSI()),"x",1,1);
Plot(Prec(sqrt(RSI()),3),"xx",2,1);
In this example, an improper Prec(x,0) would kill the useful details
of the custom indicator, as you may see from
Plot(sqrt(RSI()),"x",1,1);
Plot(Prec(sqrt(RSI()),0),"xx",2,1);
In this last example, xx can not replace x.
I hope it is more clear now.
Dimitris Tsokakis

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bob Jagow" <bjagow@xxxx> wrote:
> But that's the problem, Dave--it already does!
> Plot(Price) defaults to 2, but other indicators don't--the extra
blank space
> is reserved for Charting| Show Value Labels
>
> DT gave the answer: Setting Prec of ALL indicators to 2 will
eliminate the
> blank space.
>
> Bob

Service.