[amibroker] Timeframe question

Brian,

I'm not sure what you mean with "<FONT
face="Courier New" size=3>I created a new EOD database". I hope you are not
trying to mix a EOD with an intraday database since that will not
work.

What I would do is reboot your computer or
make sure all plugins are shutdown and Amibroker is shut down as
well.

The IQFeed Client is installed so that should be
OK, you will not have to do this again.

Then make a new database in Amibroker where
you use as data source the IQFeed plugin. For local data storage use "Enable".
The number of bars to load I set to 50000 and the base time interval I set to 1
Minute.

So this is a whole new data base. There is
no data in here at all, also no EOD data you got somewhere else
because this will not work.

Then you can start adding symbols. You may read in
a file with symbols or add them by hand. The 500 symbols means you can use 500
symbols simultaneously. So it is useless to read in a file with 9000 symbols.
500 symbols is max that you can follow simultaneously. If you have 500 symbols
set up and you want to see another symbol you will have to delete a symbol
before you are able to add a new one. This is the reason I don't like the 50
symbols you get with eSignal since you keep deleting one to be able to see
another. In principle you can get all stocks in real-time but only 500 you may
follow simultaneously.

This should work. I think the problem you had
earlier is due to the fact that you try to mix databases together. You need to
get a fresh IQFeed database.

I'm off now so if you have another question I will
only be able to answer tomorrow,

good luck,

Ed

<BLOCKQUOTE