RE: [amibroker] absolute bars/date references.

Being
a programmer for more than 40 years, the solution to this problems seems simple
to me.  Of course, TJ is the one to convince that the problem merits such a
solution.  It would seem to me that an option could be added that simply
says "Turn on 64-bit integer, I need the precision and I am prepared to pay for
the performance degradation".
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
My 64
cents.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Yuki Taga
  [mailto:yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2004 4:55
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] I
  give upIt looks like I simply have to give up
  charting volume for the TOPIXindex.  Very sad, that, but AB does not
  give me reasonable tools tobe able to do it while maintaining volume
  "integrity" of otherstocks.Tomasz, the MS plug-in solution will
  not work for me.  Why?  Becauseit introduces too much error in
  lower volume stocks.  I use volumelevels in the mechanical system
  that I trade.  Unless volume is*accurate*, I do not know where I
  am.  So I am not going to divideall the volumes in my database by 10,
  or by any other number.  If youcan come up with a solution I can
  apply to one issue, the TOPIX, orto any other individual issue that might
  someday become included inthis problem (N225 volume could get there
  eventually), I'd be veryhappy. Until that happens however, I have to say
  AB no longer worksas well for me as it used to.I'm sure you are
  going to rant at me for blaming AB and for not fullyunderstanding this
  floating point issue, and that is fine.  But there*is* a problem, and
  there is no acceptable work around that I cansee.  Dividing *all* my
  volumes is simply not the answer, and I amnot going to do
  it.YukiSend BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A