From: Yuki Taga [mailto:yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2004 3:55 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] I give up

It looks like I simply have to give up charting volume for the TOPIX
index.  Very sad, that, but AB does not give me reasonable tools to
be able to do it while maintaining volume "integrity" of other
stocks.

Tomasz, the MS plug-in solution will not work for me.  Why?  Because
it introduces too much error in lower volume stocks.  I use volume
levels in the mechanical system that I trade.  Unless volume is
*accurate*, I do not know where I am.  So I am not going to divide
all the volumes in my database by 10, or by any other number.  If you
can come up with a solution I can apply to one issue, the TOPIX, or
to any other individual issue that might someday become included in
this problem (N225 volume could get there eventually), I'd be very
happy. Until that happens however, I have to say AB no longer works
as well for me as it used to.

I'm sure you are going to rant at me for blaming AB and for not fully
understanding this floating point issue, and that is fine.  But there
*is* a problem, and there is no acceptable work around that I can
see.  Dividing *all* my volumes is simply not the answer, and I am
not going to do it.

Yuki

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511