[amibroker] Variable scope

> This is a great work around, but to tell you the truth I'd like to be
> able to us the full number, rather than divide.  Is that never going
> to be possible?  And if OHL or C can use large numbers like this, why
> not V?

Two reasons:
1. Volume is stored as integer because shares are integers (you can not purchase 0.1 of share).
(of course the situation is different for mutual funds but I am yet to see the fund that
reports trade volume at all)

2. Volume is integer in AB because some people (including you) expressed with
to store volume with full accuracy. In computers only integers are accurate
(but they have min/max limits limits as explained http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/58051)
all  floating point numbers can not be represented accurately in ANY computer.

It was discussed literally thousands of times here and there.
 There are LOTS of reading at www.google.com  just enter "IEEE floating point" in the "search" field
and you will learn why NO floating point number can ever be accurate.

(to make long story short: the reason behind is exactly the same why you can not write 1/3 as DECIMAL fraction accurately.
This is really elementary school math.)

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com