color=#0000ff size=2>d

  From: danielwardadams
  [mailto:danielwardadams@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2004
  9:52 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
  Re: Real-Time Trading System Examples
  Re: "The RT version can read both kinds of data."But
  only one at a time (per instance). This is the crux of the
  problem.--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo"
  <dingo@xxxx> wrote:> The RT version and the EOD version of AB are
  the same. The difference is the> key.dll you get from
  TJ.>  > The RT version can read both kinds of
  data.>  > d> > >
  _____  > > From: danielwardadams
  [mailto:danielwardadams@xxxx] > Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2004 9:40
  PM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Re:
  Real-Time Trading System Examples> > > I've applied to
  the other list but can't access it yet.> > Maybe it's apparent
  from what you say there but would there be a need > for
  simultaneous instances if you could access the EOD database > directly
  from an RT instance? If not, you could just run the EOD > version once
  a day to update the data. Does the EOD version ever need > to
  access the RT version for anything?> > Dan> > ---
  In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen" >
  <psytek@xxxx> wrote:> > You may want to read my post on the
  DLL list> > <A
  href="">http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker-dll/message/1320>
  > > > From my post you will see that I prefer two independent but
  > simultaeous,> > AmiBroker instances (one RT and one EOD) so
  that they can > communicate with> > each other. I would be
  quite happy to run the EOD on one screen and > run the> >
  RT on another - as long as my RT could access the EOD Signals and> >
  Statistics.> > > > I currently have a prototype running in
  this fashion, it requires > Exporting> > the EOD tradelist to
  allow my RT code to read it. I use String > Manipulation> >
  to parse the code, match dates, and fill in my RT data with EOD> >
  signals/prices. While running RT i use the selected (or loop) date
  > to> > retrieve the relevant Row from the TradeReport file.
  It works but > is slow> > and still buggie, I would prefer a
  simple and fast DLL as outlined > in my DLL> > post. As
  you can read there it would offer a variety of other >
  attractive> > applications. With a little luck somebody with
  C-expertise will > like the> > idea and write a DLL. Most of
  the work has already been done and is> > available from the
  public domain OSAKA C-Sourcecode in DLL files.> > > > wrt
  the -at list, I gave up on Ninja because i found it too highly> >
  integrated with it's proprietary Entry/Exit strategies. I prefer to
  > do my> > "own thing" using the simplest possible API
  interface. There > haven't been> > many posts because Tomasz
  may be offering Automated trading at some > point,> > it
  would be unlikely for any parallel efforts to be competative in >
  terms of> > features, reliability and delivery date.> >
  -----Original Message-----> >   From: mrdavis9
  [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxx]> >   Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2004
  5:23 PM> >   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  >   Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Real-Time Trading System
  > >   My post below was intended to encourage you to keep
  this > discussion> > PUBLIC, and only use private emails
  where necessary.   I won't have > time to> >
  study it in depth till later.  However, I am saving all automated
  > trading> > discussions that I see in an Outlook Express
  folder entitled > AUTOMATED> > TRADING.   I don't
  have a lot of saved messages yet, but I have > copied one> >
  here as an example of what I am saving, I saw this on the Ninja >
  Trader yahoo> > group.  I stopped watching their discussions
  awhile back.  Ron D> >
  ==================================================================>
  > > >   I've taken 5 systems which I was using to trade
  manually, changed> >   them so they can run without
  me, backtested them on IRT until I'm> >   happy with
  them and set them off live.> > > >   Expectancy
  (based on (Pw * Aw)- (Pl * Al) where P = probability, > A =>
  >   Average, w = win and l = loss) ranges from 1.8 to 2.7 and R/R
  from> >   2.4 to 6.1. Percent wins range from 38% to
  52% in the backtest> >   period. All systems use a variety
  of indicators (CCI, FASTD and> >   custom indicators
  mostly) and multiple time frames.> > > >   The
  single most important factor in improving backtested >
  performance> >   turned out to be identifying conditions
  in longer timeframes which> >   lead to poor results
  and modifying the scans to prevent trading > when>
  >   those conditions apply. With some scans this results in very
  few> >   trades (15 or 20 per quarter) so backtest results
  are > statistically> >   dubious and, as
  backtesting itself is not a 100% representation of>
  >   what will happen in real life, I will hold off buying the
  yacht > for> >   the timebeing.> >

  ========================================================>
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >     Sent:
  Sunday, April 11, 2004 1:49 PM> >     Subject:
  RE: [amibroker] Re: Real-Time Trading System Examples> > >
  > > >     I posted some code (vbScript) to
  export the trade list under > some> > circumstances - look
  back using this thread subject.> > >
  >     d> > > > > >

  -------------------------------------------------------------------->
  ------> >       From: mrdavis9
  [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxx]> >       Sent:
  Sunday, April 11, 2004 2:38 PM>
  >       To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  >       Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re:
  Real-Time Trading System Examples> > > > >
  >       I am also interested in the subject
  of this thread.  Ron D>
  danielwardadams> >