Re: [amibroker] Re: Real-Time Trading System Examples - TJ(question)?

In
simple situations you only have to run the EOD version once a day to
generate the table. <FONT
face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>But during development i work with different
systems and watchlists, so I may want to generate many different tradelists
during the day and i shuffle back and forth between EOD and RT.

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
If we
could access both the RT and EOD database at the same time from the RT version
(Not possible right now) many problems would be solved. However there are other
reasons why creating a file with AA statistics and having a means to read the
Stats back would be handy....for example you could use two-pass Backtests and
use stats from the first pass in the second in Scoring and PositionSize
formulas, or plot the statistics from indicators, show complex trade stats on
the screen or in Interpretation windows from the chart, analyze portfolio
trades, etc. Remember that such a table offers a form of Persistent memory that
can be acessed by successive AA operations.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I have
not had an occassion where i needed the EOD version to access the RT version.

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>h

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: danielwardadams
  [mailto:danielwardadams@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2004 9:40
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Real-Time Trading System ExamplesI've applied to the
  other list but can't access it yet.Maybe it's apparent from what you
  say there but would there be a need for simultaneous instances if you
  could access the EOD database directly from an RT instance? If not, you
  could just run the EOD version once a day to update the data. Does the EOD
  version ever need to access the RT version for
  anything?Dan--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den
  Bergen" <psytek@xxxx> wrote:> You may want to read my post on
  the DLL list> <A
  href="">http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker-dll/message/1320>
  > From my post you will see that I prefer two independent but
  simultaeous,> AmiBroker instances (one RT and one EOD) so that they
  can communicate with> each other. I would be quite happy to run the
  EOD on one screen and run the> RT on another - as long as my RT
  could access the EOD Signals and> Statistics.> > I
  currently have a prototype running in this fashion, it requires
  Exporting> the EOD tradelist to allow my RT code to read it. I use
  String Manipulation> to parse the code, match dates, and fill in my
  RT data with EOD> signals/prices. While running RT i use the selected
  (or loop) date to> retrieve the relevant Row from the TradeReport
  file. It works but is slow> and still buggie, I would prefer a
  simple and fast DLL as outlined in my DLL> post. As you can read
  there it would offer a variety of other attractive> applications.
  With a little luck somebody with C-expertise will like the> idea
  and write a DLL. Most of the work has already been done and is>
  available from the public domain OSAKA C-Sourcecode in DLL files.>
  > wrt the -at list, I gave up on Ninja because i found it too
  highly> integrated with it's proprietary Entry/Exit strategies. I
  prefer to do my> "own thing" using the simplest possible API
  interface. There haven't been> many posts because Tomasz may be
  offering Automated trading at some point,> it would be unlikely for
  any parallel efforts to be competative in terms of> features,
  reliability and delivery date.> > best regards,>
  herman>   -----Original Message----->
  From: mrdavis9 [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxx]>   Sent: Sunday, April
  11, 2004 5:23 PM>   To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re:
  Real-Time Trading System Examples>   Importance: High>
  > >   My post below was intended to encourage you to
  keep this discussion> PUBLIC, and only use private emails where
  necessary.   I won't have time to> study it in depth till
  later.  However, I am saving all automated trading>
  discussions that I see in an Outlook Express folder entitled
  AUTOMATED> TRADING.   I don't have a lot of saved
  messages yet, but I have copied one> here as an example of what I
  am saving, I saw this on the Ninja Trader yahoo> group.  I
  stopped watching their discussions awhile back.  Ron

  ==================================================================>
  >   I've taken 5 systems which I was using to trade manually,
  changed>   them so they can run without me, backtested them
  on IRT until I'm>   happy with them and set them off
  live.> >   Expectancy (based on (Pw * Aw)- (Pl * Al)
  where P = probability, A =>   Average, w = win and l =
  loss) ranges from 1.8 to 2.7 and R/R from>   2.4 to 6.1.
  Percent wins range from 38% to 52% in the backtest>   period.
  All systems use a variety of indicators (CCI, FASTD and>
  custom indicators mostly) and multiple time frames.>
  >   The single most important factor in improving backtested
  performance>   turned out to be identifying conditions in
  longer timeframes which>   lead to poor results and modifying
  the scans to prevent trading when>   those conditions
  apply. With some scans this results in very few>   trades (15
  or 20 per quarter) so backtest results are
  statistically>   dubious and, as backtesting itself is
  not a 100% representation of>   what will happen in real
  life, I will hold off buying the yacht for>   the
  timebeing.> >
  ========================================================>
  ----- Original Message ----->     From:
  dingo>     To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     Sent: Sunday, April
  11, 2004 1:49 PM>     Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re:
  Real-Time Trading System Examples> >
  >     I posted some code (vbScript) to export the
  trade list under some> circumstances - look back using this thread
  subject.> >     d> > >

  -------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  From: mrdavis9
  [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxx]>       Sent:
  Sunday, April 11, 2004 2:38 PM>       To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       Subject:
  Re: [amibroker] Re: Real-Time Trading System Examples> >
  >       I am also interested in the
  subject of this thread.  Ron
  D>         ----- Original
  Message ----->         From:
  danielwardadams>         To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2004 1:30
  PM>         Subject:
  [amibroker] Re: Real-Time Trading System Examples> >
  >         Herman &
  dingo,>         I'd also be
  interested in anything you come up with. I want to
  solve>         the same problem
  as you Herman. Hope you're making better
  progress>         than me
  though ...> >

  --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxxx>
  wrote:>         > sounds
  neat.  I'll contact you off-line to work up some
  specs.>
  >>         >
  d>

  _____>