RE: [amibroker] Re: Real-Time Trading System Examples

Re: "The RT version can read both kinds of data."

But only one at a time (per instance). This is the crux of the
problem.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:
> The RT version and the EOD version of AB are the same. The
difference is the
> key.dll you get from TJ.
>
> The RT version can read both kinds of data.

>   _____

date
> > retrieve the relevant Row from the TradeReport file. It works but
> is slow
> > and still buggie, I would prefer a simple and fast DLL as
outlined
> in my DLL
> > post. As you can read there it would offer a variety of other
> attractive
> > applications. With a little luck somebody with C-expertise will
> like the
> > idea and write a DLL. Most of the work has already been done and
is
> > available from the public domain OSAKA C-Sourcecode in DLL files.
> >
> > wrt the -at list, I gave up on Ninja because i found it too highly
> > integrated with it's proprietary Entry/Exit strategies. I prefer
> do my
> > "own thing" using the simplest possible API interface. There
> haven't been
> > many posts because Tomasz may be offering Automated trading at
some
> point,
> > it would be unlikely for any parallel efforts to be competative
in
> terms of
> > features, reliability and delivery date.
> >
> > best regards,
> > herman

I'm
> >   happy with them and set them off live.
> >
> >   Expectancy (based on (Pw * Aw)- (Pl * Al) where P =
probability,
> A =
> >   Average, w = win and l = loss) ranges from 1.8 to 2.7 and R/R
from
> >   2.4 to 6.1. Percent wins range from 38% to 52% in the backtest
> >   period. All systems use a variety of indicators (CCI, FASTD and
> >   custom indicators mostly) and multiple time frames.
> >
> >   The single most important factor in improving backtested
> performance
> >   turned out to be identifying conditions in longer timeframes
which
> >   lead to poor results and modifying the scans to prevent trading
> when
> >   those conditions apply. With some scans this results in very few
> >   trades (15 or 20 per quarter) so backtest results are
> statistically
> >   dubious and, as backtesting itself is not a 100% representation
of
> >   what will happen in real life, I will hold off buying the yacht
> for
> >   the timebeing.
> >
> >   ========================================================

Examples
> >         >
> >         >
> >         > Anytime you are ready, if you write the code for the
> tradelist
> >         export I'll
> >         > share whatever afl I turn out to read the file from
RT :-)
> >         > I have the basics working and hope to finish it over
the
> weekend.
> >         It is kind
> >         > of neat you just click anywhere on the RT chart and see
> all the
> > EOD
> >         > particulars in the RT Interpretation window :-) still
> have to do
> >         the date
> >         > matching...
> >         >
> >         > h
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
How
> would I
> >         optimize my
> >         > RT stops over historical data if I don't have access to
> the EOD
> >         signals,
> >         > stock picks, scores, shares, and trade-prices in my
> formula? All
> >         these are
> >         > based on EOD data and can not be calculated accurately
in
> RT.
> >         >
> >         > I assume you have the EOD formula that generates the
buys
> working
> >         > satisfactorily?
> >         > Yes, but is is price sensitive and gets all confused
> dealing with
> >
> >         things
> >         > like -17 to +30 cts RT volatility/noise of the OHLC
> Prices (AAPL).
> >         >
> >         > If you are going to use a formula to manage your
> stops/exits have
> >         you been
> >         > able to complete this or is this the question that
you're
> asking?
> >         > There are many formulas and i haven't decided which to
> use, My
> >         system must
> >         > first work with EOD performance in an RT environment.
> >         >
> >         > Assuming you have a formula to manage those
stops/exits -
> have you
> >         worked
> >         > out a way to trigger the trade?
> >         > NO.
> >         >
> >         > I believe you mentioned that Ninja Trader wasn't the
> answer.  Is
> >         this a
> >         > piece you're asking about as well?
> >         > Not now, waiting for TJ to introduce automation... i
> still have
> >         work to do
> >         > and hope to be ready when TJ is...
> >         >
> >         > Lots of questions, eh?
> >         > Not really; I have a lot more :-)
> >         >
> >         > I'm asking because I'm headed in that direction as
well -
> just not
> >         as ready
> >         > as you are right now.
> >         > Let me know how things work out for you... and what
path
> you
> > decide
> >         on.
> >         >
> >         > BTW, today I thought of another approach, a brute force
> method
> >         alright but
> >         > it might work. I simply export the entire EOD trade
list
> and read
> >         it from
> >         > the RT code. For each RT date I look up the matching
EOD
> row in
> > the
> >         Trade
> >         > list, I then extract whatever information i need. Tried
> it, It is
> >         actually
> >         > faster than i expected. All i need now is an automatic
> Export at
> >         the end of
> >         > my EOD backtest ;-) any ideas?
> >         >
> >         > h
> >         >
> >         > TIA
> >         >
> >         > d
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >   _____
> >         >
Also,
> the
> >         strength of
> >         > signals fades pretty fast... have you ever tested your
n-
> Bar
> >         profits? i.e.
> >         > profits made on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd day? You can vary
> the entry
> >         delay and
> >         > use n-Bar stops to limit the trade duration, that way
you
> >         can "isolated"
> >         > single days (profits) of your trade. For me, typical
> profit
> >         distributions
> >         > might be 65% 25% 10% for a system with an average of 3-
> bar trades.
> >         So the
> >         > first day obviously has the greatest profit potential
at
> the least
> >         exposure.
> >         > IMHO, short term signals have a limited life-time:
after
> a certain
> >         number of
> >         > days you are just hoping to get lucky :-) knowing your
n-
> Bar
> >         profits may
> >         > help you decide whether it is worth it (risk) to stay
in
> a trade
> > or
> >         not.
> >         >
> >         > [d] IMHO you are in un-charted waters as far as AB goes.
> >         >
> >         > We got some smart cookies on this list, I just can't
> believe that
> >         nobody is
> >         > working on this; it appears the obvious way to keep
your
> EOD
> > system
> >         working
> >         > now that RT trading is catching on. So I hope you are
> wrong on
> > this
> >         one :-)
> >         >
> >         > h
> >         >
Or
> are you
> >         trying to
> >         > take an EOD system and trying to make your system "more
> granular"
> >         and pick
> >         > the same patterns in intraday data?
> >         >
> >         > d
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >   _____
> >         >

EOD
> signals
> >         in RT. I
> >         > want this as a verification stage before trying to
> enhance the
> >         system with
> >         > RT data
> >         > 3) Custom coding Profit targets, Limit Prices and Stops.
> >         > 4) Optimizing entry points by using Pre/after hours
> trading and/or
> >         using
> >         > delayed/early entries and exits.
> >         > 5) Showing EOD Arrows (derived from EOD data, not from
RT
> [...]
> >         > --------------------------------------------
> >         > Check group FAQ at:
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> >         > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
> >         > -----------------------------------------
> >         > Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
> amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >         > (Web page:
> >         > --------------------------------------------
> >         > Check group FAQ at:
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> >         > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
> >         > -----------------------------------------
> >         > Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
> amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >         > (Web page:
> >         > --------------------------------------------
> >         > Check group FAQ at:
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> >         > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
> >         > -----------------------------------------
> >         > Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
> amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >         > (Web page:
> >         > --------------------------------------------
> >         > Check group FAQ at:
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >   _____
> >         >
> >         > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >         >
> >         >
> >         > * To visit your group on the web, go to:
> >         >
> >         >
> >         > * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> subject=Unsubscribe>
> >         >
> >         >
> >         > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
> Terms of
> >         Service
> >         > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
> >

> >         Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> >         Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
> >

> >         ---
> 4/10/2004
> >

> >       Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> >       Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
> >

> >       Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> >       Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
> >

> >   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> >   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx

> >     c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12crktuf1/M=291630.4786521.5933964.1261774/D=
egroup

web/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1081820386/A=2072414/R=0/SIG=11tc61npd/*http:/
/www.n