  >From:
  Joe
  Landry
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 10:42
  AM
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] AmiBroker - Data
  Source QP2 vs TC2000

  Hi Steve:
  Excellent analysis and very well written
  note.  This will tip me over the side to go for a trial.  I
  would suppose that have
  to create a separate data base for the QP3, and
  have you found the mutual fund data to
  be "solid"?   Thanks.

  IMHO
  This is almost not appropriate for the forum but
  here goes -  I noticed in the last few months in Houston, quite
  an increase in
  tempo of the TC2000 marketing <FONT
  face=Arial size=2>including a series of regional organizational meetings
  suponsed by Worden Bros(TC2000) based
   on their huge
  mailing list and large customer
  base.
   I was also wondering where
  the competitive pressure was coming from, thinking that AB was too small
  make an impact on their data business. But if QP
  is supplying AB on the CD, then I think that may be it. To
  get competitive in graphics, fundamental data,
  and programming language the TC2000 product it would need a complete
  rewrite
   including a reorganization of the data;
  number of fields, how compressed and stored, delivery, access,
  basically turning over
  years worth of investment in their current
  approach.
  I would bet they're using the forums, messaging,
  and real time data to try to differentiate themselves, of course at a
  price.  The local regional
  organizations are aimed at generating and keeping
  a loyal customer base.

  JOE  L.

  market indicators (TCNet is their RT product and costs a lot more, I
  thinkaround $70/mo). You also get a couple of Worden proprietary
  indicators whichAB's TC2K plugin can read directly. Their programming
  language is VERYminimal, almost useless compared to AB, but I assume you
  will probably justuse it for the data and do your analysis in AB. Dialy
  update of data is veryfast, probably about 15-20 seconds if you dont
  bother to update yourindicators, scans, etc.in TC2K itself.The new
  QP3 is $32/mo. You *might* still be able to get the old QP2 for$25/mo, you
  would have to contact them and ask. The basic difference is thatQP3
  includes Stock Picker Pro while QP2 includes HGS Warehouse. Both
  areprospecting tools. QP says that SPP is better, I have never tried it so
  Illcant say, but I was happy with HGSW for the little bit that I used
  it.Otherwise, with both versions, you get EOD stock data, fund data, and
  moreindices. You also get a fair amount of fundamantal data, most of which
  isonly updated weekly, and has no history but I know that people do save
  thisdata and accumulate a history over time - maybe someone can backfill
  it foryou. Downside - you also get about 3 or 4 thousand outdated tickers
  to roundout your database, which is a little annoying but not really a
  problem - myfilters include a line that filters out the non-current
  tickers. QP takes alittle longer to do the daily download (a couple of
  minutes), but in thelong run you will save time because AB runs noticably
  faster with QP datathan with TC2K data - I think the reason is that QP has
  written a faster API(C++ vs. Visual Basic). AB's QP plugin can read a lot
  of the fundamentalsdirectly - see the GetExtraData function in the AB help
  files for details.Qp's native programming lanuage is much more thorough
  than TC2K's, but youwill probably find yourself mostly using AB/AFL
  anyway.Re quality, I havent really tried to compare them. I would say
  that both arepretty good in general. I havent noticed many errors on a
  daily basis, butif you run AB's database purify tool over either database
  you will come upwith a pretty long list of errors.Bottom line, IMO
  - QP is a better value for what you get, and runs, on avg,probably about
  30 - 40% faster in AB. On balance, I would go with QP unless,like me, you
  are able to maximize the value of TC2K by feeding it into 2 or3 programs.
  Hope this helps!Steve----- Original Message ----- From:
  "Salil V Gangal" <salil_gangal@xxxxxxxxx>To:
  <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 6:46
  PMSubject: [amibroker] AmiBroker - Data Source QP2 vs
  TC2000> Friends,>> AmiBroker recommends
  QP2> (<A
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_quotes.html)
  for the data source,> but not TC2000.  I've found that the price
  of data at QP2 is more and> TC2000 is less.>> Want to
  find out, what it is about the QP2 that makes> it 'recommended' for
  AmiBroker usage ?>> Any feedback about the data quality of
  either QP2 / TC2000 and their> compatilbility/usage with AmiBroker
  ?>> For those who have used both of these with AmiBroker, any
  comments /> inputs / feedback ?>> Regards,> -
  Salil V Gangal>>>>> Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  group FAQ at: <A
  Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS