Re: [amibroker] Re: Quotes Plus

Hi

Thanks for you thoughts, but I think that we have a slightly
different approach to trading forex. I strongly believe that the big
profits are in the big moves :-). But if you can show me a system
that will give a profit of ~100% / month with 2% risk/trade will I
abandon my long-term system at once and start to trade yours. I am
here for the money… No need to argue about that…

My buy signals are generated by a drawdown in 1h, indicated by a
shift I DMI in 1h. My trend is defined with new & higher peaks  &
bottoms in 1h, where a new peak & bottom take place during a new
shift in DMI. A trend like this can consists over ~8 (sometimes more,
sometimes less) weeks. I do not buy under certain conditions to avoid
burning my money during a dull market. I let the upper Dochian-
Channel define my buy price for an upward trend. This permits me put
a limitbuy order, which is one of my requirements for my trading.

As soon as a trade shows a profit on 4*ATR will my S/L be moved to
buy level, and be there until my system S/L moves above it. By doing
so will I not risk more than my risk level during the whole long-term
trend for each trade. I will not buy a new position if my old
position still has a -2ATR S/L and a new peak not have been created.

So as you may understand now am I really interested in:

1. To know how to set up AmiBroker to let me buy more then once (i.e.
each buy-sell par of signal must be independent of other signals that
my take place between the first buy and system S/L. System S/L are
the same for all buy signals during a trend).

2. Calculate position size with growing equity that lets me re-invest
my capital.

/ Tobias

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "pcwinch" <pcwinch@xxxx> wrote:
> Tobias,
>
> My reply is not about the question you ask, but about your whole
approach to
> Forex.  The major advantage of the FOREX market is its liquidity.
>
> I do not know why you would want to hold a position for 8 weeks. To
trade
> FOREX you need small exposure, max 2%, traded frequently for modest
gains.
> 100% returns a month (on the full 100% not the 2%) can be achieved
just by
> concentrating solely on not making big losses, but readily and
rapidly
> taking small ones.  Each month you retire 50% of the previous
months gain to
> the bank, reset the 2% limit value...and off you go again.
>
> Nothing more complicated than stochastics is needed though I
strongly
> suggest viewing multiple time frames, at least 3. and trade the
middle, plus
> multiple markets.
>
> Keep it simple!  Just as a check to tech analysis indicator such as
> stochastic , if you get bored watching the screen sometimes, play
with
> fibbonaci (some I know do), or put some raff channels in.
>
> So I strongly suggest you keep your approach dead simple.  Because
sometimes
> it is boring you could trade multiple currencies, but there are
strong
> relativities between them all, and if there is action, and you are
in
> multiple markets, ..the work rate will bury you at those times if
you do
> have a complicated system..
>
> To answer your question perhaps more directly,  don't pyramid!  I
have seen
> 100 pip changes faster than you can hit the keys to exit a trade.
You do
> not want to be pyramided at these times.  (When one of the big boys
decides
> to back up the truck and unload or load...for a few minutes it is
death
> defying -recently the BOJ has done this and it ain't pretty).  Also
> pschologically it indicates the wrong mind set..."greed"...greed is
the
> enemy of wealth creation. (eventually).
>
> And finally, do not trade for real until you can execute trades
with better
> than 80% success per trade before you start.  I know people say you
can do
> it with 50%, but the subtle pressure of the 80% is that it keeps
you from
> over trading!!  and only going in when conditions are the best...
(and why