[amibroker] Re: Quotes Plus

I haven't been following this thread, but it
has reminded me of a feature that would be nice to have.

In TC2k, you can create watchlists for each of your
favorite PCF's. Then, when you download the new EOD date each day, you can
set TC2k to automatically update all of the PCF's that you have created.

After the updating has completed, each of your personal
PCF watchlists will now be populated with all of the stocks that meet the PCF
requirement based on the fresh EOD download that you just
completed.

Lets assume that you use only 4 different explorations to
find all of the stocks which meet the four different sets of Amibroker criteria
that you like.

A similar operation in AB that is similar to the TC2k
system, would be to have iAB automatically run four separate explorations, and
then AB would place the results of these 4 explorations into four
separate watch lists.  The population of these watch would change
 somewhat after each new daily download of new EOD data.

Maybe this is possible already in AB.   Does
anyone know how to make AB do this??  Ron D

<FONT
face=Arial>======================================================================

<A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<BLOCKQUOTE

  Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 7:24
  PM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: OT: Does
  anyone use PFScan? if so, how do you download data?

  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Jayson, but like AB, each stock requires it's own .csv file--not a
  combined file.  AA would produce a .csv file with ALL the stocks in 1
  file---yes??  but then maybe i'm missing what you are trying to tell
  me.  i can be pretty dense at times.  <SPAN
  class=752191201-01042004>i have not
  tried to use what you suggest---but i will try
  it.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>PFScan does not include a stock downloader---it depends on another
  independent program to fetch the data.  iow, there is no AQ with
  PFScan.  i has a few "formats" which it can use, but they must be
  specified and it is very specific.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  For
  what i want---the easiest way to do it would be have AQ do it, --download the
  data, import it into AB, AND create/append a .csv file.

  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Really now that i think about it all---this was a pretty stupid
  question--it really has nothing to do with AB....
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>thanks for trying---
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>ron
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>

    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Jayson
    [mailto:jcasavant@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004
    3:14 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
    [amibroker] Re: OT: Does anyone use PFScan? if so, how do you download
    data?
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>Ron,
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>perhaps I am still lost  :(
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>lets say you have downloaded 100 or 1000 stocks from your vendor into
    an AB watch list called "my stocks". Now lets say your PF program
    requires OHLC data plus Volume. In AA,using addcolumn, you define the
    appropriate fields in the appropriate order then run the exploration for the
    whole watchlist or database. You can then export that whole report as a csv
    file that can be read or imported into your PF software.

    Regards,
    Jayson Send BUG
  REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A