[amibroker] Some money from CCI[was:Re: CCI in multi colors any ideas]

Anthony, your code looks very much like the one Wayne posted
earlier. I repeat below part of the remarks i made re that code
that basically apply to yours as well. What I am curious about is
this: do you know who made this code and in particular for what
reason the 3-period WMA was added? Do you have any insight into
whether or not this WMA is part of Kase's proprietary code?

//
First, as Byron mentioned the code posted earlier by Wayne is not
> > looking for the optimum up/down cyclelength but uses Param to
> > manually set different lookbacks. The code also sets one lookback
> > for both up and down trends. This is definitely not in line with
> > Kase: the power is in looping for the strongest up and strongest
> > downtrend separately.
> >
> > Further the PeakOsc there is smoothed with a 3-period WMA. I
> > don't
> > know who initiated this but Kase indeed (in BridgeTrader) says:
> > "the
> > PeakOscillator is the difference between KSDIup and KSDIdn with
some
> > smoothing added". Nowhere could I find how she implements this
> > smoothing but I guess that is the WMA. To me it seemed somewhat
> > irrational to top off so much statistical scrutiny with some
> > arbitrary WMA with a fixed lookback. Also it turned out this WMA
> > somehow interfered with the SD calculations for some very weird
> > plots. Two reasons for not smoothing the KPO.
//

-treliff

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Anthony Faragasso" <ajf1111@xxxx>