  >From:
  ed
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 8:19
  AM
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] New operating
  system

  Ara,

  thanks for your reply.

  About your 2-nd suggestion, <FONT
  face=Arial size=2>"Alternately, just back up everything, Install new system
  and then bring back all your stuff"

  Is it not necessary to run the install of
  Amibroker, QP2 and IQFeed again? I mean I assume I can not just copy the
  "Program Files" directory on another computer and put its contents back
  once the new operating system is put on. Or can I? I thought these installers
  write files to Windows system directories,

  thanks, Rdgs, Ed

  <BLOCKQUOTE