From: Gary A. Serkhoshian
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 11:57 PM
Subject: RE: [amibroker] CSI vs QP: the good, the bad, the ugly

Chuck,

My point is simply CSI tech support does not respond to my e-mails or return my phone calls.  No matter what the issue, big or little, my expectation is a 24 hour response time from tech support.  CSI has met that less than 25% of the time.  Perhaps Tomasz ought to fly out to Florida to give them a class. : )

BTW, today on my fifth call in as many maket days coupled with about 3 e-mails, I finally got an answer to a very direct question.  Copying Rudi, Mgt, Superman did nothing to expedite the process.

I appreciate you forwarding the e-mail to CSI, but I am skeptical as to what will ultimately result from it.  Listing the specific problem here would simply bore 90% of the members of the board.  I can post it to you privately if you'd like.

Regards,
Gary

Chuck Rademacher <chuck_rademacher@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Gary,

I hope you don't mind, but I have forwarded your post to CSI.   I have already heard back that they will take some sort of action, but I don't know what that might be.  I'm sorry to hear that you are having support problems.   On the other hand, what can possibly not be working?   You download data and it exports the data to AB.  Works every time, or am I missing something.  I'm not trying to be funny about it, but I don't understand what kind of support you require.   Of course, that doesn't give CSI an excuse for not replying to you.

-----Original Message-----From: Gary A. Serkhoshian [mailto:serkhoshian777@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 1:54 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] CSI vs QP: the good, the bad, the ugly
Hi all,

Just want to offer my 2 cents on my experiences so far with CSI and QP.

While we all would love to adhere to the high data standards that Chuck espouses and CSI provides, I am finding CSI's tech support to be so unresponsive that asking a basic question about exporting data into AmiBroker requires several attempts on my part due to lack of returned phone calls or returned e-mails from tech support.  Even after alerting management of this issue, nothing has changed.

My experience with QP, on the other hand, has always been positive as their tech support always responds within 24 hours.  Even if they don't know the answer immediately, they'll at least respond to acknowledge my e-mail.

So, for those weighing the pros vs the cons, data nirvana comes at a price of crappy tech support.  Chuck's experience has been totally positive from his posts on this board, but I've seen several others post how they've also been cast aside by an unresponsive tech support.

I've been more than patient with these guys and I'm in it for at least the year.  The least I can do for those not subscribed, but thinking about it, is tell you CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware).

Regards,
Gary

Do you Yahoo!?Yahoo! Search - Find what you’re looking for faster. Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check group FAQ at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: <A

Do you Yahoo!?Yahoo! Search - Find what you’re looking for faster. Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check group FAQ at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: <A
Do you Yahoo!?