[amibroker] Re: Displaced Moving Average

Thanks for the comments, and for mentioning the 64
processors..  It obviously makes a lot of sense to pay more for  a 64
processor if Amibroker will run faster on it.

Below, I have copied an email  from a knowledgeable
local computer user regarding 64 processors. This email is from someone who does
not use Amibroker.

I am wondering if the latest version of Amibroker run
faster on 64 bit processors, or does it need to be recompiled with a new 64 bit
compiler as mentioned in the below email? What about the apparent need for a XP
Pro to be 64 Processor friendly?

I have also included a link to a website that compares the
Intel and AMD 64 bit processors.  Which of these do you think would be the
best for Amibroker right now, or perhaps the future when Amibroker can
benefit from use of a 64 processor.
If some of these questions amuse you, remember that I
have a low level of computer skills, and so I barely understand a lot of
this. I certainly  don't understand most of the discussion in
this link.   Later Ron D

 <A
href="">http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTI0LDE=

 64 processor comments are
below.
<FONT
face=Arial>===========================================================================
32 bit software will run "as is" on the Athlon 64 chip. However, it does
not benefit from theincreased capability of the chip.  Basically runs
the same as on a 32 bit chip.  To really takeadvantage of the 64 bit
chip the software must be re-compiled with a new 64 bit compiler.The is
could be trivial or it could be a real problem.  If it is written in some
higher level languagelike Visual Basic, this is probably not feasible until
Microsoft releases a 64 bit version ofVisual Basic.  Very little
software is available to work with the new 64 bit chips.
Adobe has a version of Photoshop and Microsoft has a version of XP. That is
about all Iknow of at this time.  Therefore there is not much reason to
go to the 64 bit chips at the
high price they get now.
About multiprocessors - tests have shown that adding a second processor to
the motherboardincreases through put by about 30%. The third processor about
15% and so on down.So a single processor 3 gig  is probably better than
two 2 gig multiprocessors.The problem is access to system resources must be
restricted to one processor at a time.Symetrical multi-processors has been a
disapointment.
<FONT
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr

  <DIV