[amibroker] Re: Displaced Moving Average

Dingo,

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for my late response.

Indeed I prefer the second option. Have you done anything along these
lines, or do you know anybody else who has? I'm not an expert in
scripting and could use any help.

The alternative, I guess, is to be patient, and wait for Tomasz when
(and if) he decides to enable access to this data directly. It would
mean a major advance in terms of risk management.

Patrick

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:
> The following is just my humble opinion:
>
> If you want to accomplish this in AFL you are faced with a very
large
> problem in that you would have to do your own "accounting" so to
speak since
> you can't get to each trade's equity on a bar by bar basis, as you
> mentioned.  To do your own accounting would mean that you would
have to
> forego Amibroker's portfolio handling which I don't think you would
want to
> do.
>
> Your other option would be to take the trade list and write a
program (you
> might could do this in a separate AFL script) and construct arrays
for each
> position and their sum.  Then you could do what ever you want.

>   _____

Service