[amibroker] Re: Displaced Moving Average

Hi All,

There are a few things that have been on my mind to suggest for
upcoming versions of AmiBroker. I'm making the suggestions here so
that anyone who feels strongly one way or the other can add his/her
two-cents. I continue to be amazed by the quality of AmiBroker vs.
anything else out there that I am aware of. Way to go, Tomasz!

Include an option in AA to force recalc of arrays for each new bar of
data tested. This is for pattern recognition based trading systems,
where in order not to "cheat", you must always detect the pattern
looking back from the most recent bar.

Expose the "load to" feature of AA -- that is, when you double-click
on a trade in AA that is not in the visible window, AB scrolls back
to show it -- this might take the shape of making the status
("barvisible") R/W.

Make the Document.Name property R/W in the automation interface

Make the Ctrl-R functionality a permanent feature of the GUI. For
example, add a tab to Workspace window called Parameters. In that
tab, show the window that is now opened by hitting Ctrl-R.

As far as I know, you can associate a keyboard shortcut with only one
user-defined tool menu item. I would greaty like to see that expanded
to an arbitrary number.

Printing to PDF (using Acrobat 5.05 PDFWriter) doesn't seem to work.
Not a big deal, but I wonder why.

Support AB-global variables (accessible from any AFL). Allow for an
autoexec AFL file to be called on startup that, among other things,
could initialize those variables.

Make X and Y screen-coordinates available via arrays for calculating
slopes that reflect what is seen on the screen. Of course, the same
line will have a different slope as the chart is expanded and
contracted, but with consistent number of bars showing, can be a
useful tool. For instance, I might want to know the slope of the
signal line on an MACD cross-over.

Open the right-click menu to user-defined items. If nothing else, add
an "Add to watchlist" menu item that has all of the watchlists as
subitems. As I'm going through the results of an exploration, I would
love to right-click on a chart to add it to a watchlist.

In connection with previous, allow one watchlist to be default, or
appear at the top of the list. I use one watchlist for each day of
the month to stash what I found interesting -- something setting up,
say.

As far as I know, the only way to step through the results of an
exploration is to maximize the AA window and double-click on the
desired ticker. I think making something like Ctrl-Up Arrow and Ctrl
Dn Arrow keyboard shortcuts for navigating the AA window when it is
open would be super.

Thanks for listening!

Gordon