[amibroker] Re: Government data source (or limited data in CSV or FNU)

Gordon,

>>Way to go, Tomasz!<<

Ditto.

My 2 cents ===>

1. Automation 'Commentary.Save' to have a way of appending to
existing file

2. Automation 'Commentary.Apply' to have error trapping if formula
errors

3. A statement to halt execution of AFL (exit/return/quit)

4. Custom title for windows

5. Custom background
... a. Custom colour for every window/indicator
... b. Use of any .gif file as background. (similar to HTML's
background)
... c. Gradient background. (similar to QuoteTracker)

Regards,
- Salil V Gangal

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gordon" <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> There are a few things that have been on my mind to suggest for
> upcoming versions of AmiBroker. I'm making the suggestions here so
> that anyone who feels strongly one way or the other can add his/her
> two-cents. I continue to be amazed by the quality of AmiBroker vs.
> anything else out there that I am aware of. Way to go, Tomasz!
>
> Include an option in AA to force recalc of arrays for each new bar
of
> data tested. This is for pattern recognition based trading systems,
> where in order not to "cheat", you must always detect the pattern
> looking back from the most recent bar.
>
> Expose the "load to" feature of AA -- that is, when you double-
click
> on a trade in AA that is not in the visible window, AB scrolls back
> to show it -- this might take the shape of making the status
> ("barvisible") R/W.
>
> Make the Document.Name property R/W in the automation interface
>
> Make the Ctrl-R functionality a permanent feature of the GUI. For
> example, add a tab to Workspace window called Parameters. In that
> tab, show the window that is now opened by hitting Ctrl-R.
>
> As far as I know, you can associate a keyboard shortcut with only
one
> user-defined tool menu item. I would greaty like to see that
expanded
> to an arbitrary number.
>
> Printing to PDF (using Acrobat 5.05 PDFWriter) doesn't seem to
work.
> Not a big deal, but I wonder why.
>
> Support AB-global variables (accessible from any AFL). Allow for an
> autoexec AFL file to be called on startup that, among other things,
> could initialize those variables.
>
> Make X and Y screen-coordinates available via arrays for
calculating
> slopes that reflect what is seen on the screen. Of course, the same
> line will have a different slope as the chart is expanded and
> contracted, but with consistent number of bars showing, can be a
> useful tool. For instance, I might want to know the slope of the
> signal line on an MACD cross-over.
>
> Open the right-click menu to user-defined items. If nothing else,
add
> an "Add to watchlist" menu item that has all of the watchlists as
> subitems. As I'm going through the results of an exploration, I
would
> love to right-click on a chart to add it to a watchlist.
>
> In connection with previous, allow one watchlist to be default, or
> appear at the top of the list. I use one watchlist for each day of
> the month to stash what I found interesting -- something setting
up,
> say.
>
> As far as I know, the only way to step through the results of an
> exploration is to maximize the AA window and double-click on the
> desired ticker. I think making something like Ctrl-Up Arrow and
Ctrl