  >From:
  mrdavis9

  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibrokeryahoogroups
  Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2004 12:58
  PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Faster
Computer

  I am going to custombuild a computer that is equipped to
  run Amibroker explorations as fast as possible.
  I am running explorations of a huge number of moving
  averages on over 7000 stocks. These explorations  take a long time
  on my AMD1 GHz, 768 MB  XP Pro desktop.

      I have several questions that some of
  you may know the answers to, or at least have opinions about.

  #1 If I am running only an Amibroker exploration,
  and no other programs, will a dual processor help none at all, a
       little, or a lot.   I
  think I heard that a program has to be written in a certain way in
  order to be able to run
       faster on a
  dual processing machine.

  #2  If a dual processor will help, then which ones
  should I consider.

  #3  Even If a dual processor will help, I still
  want to stay with a single processor if it is at least 80% as fast as a

        dual processor when
  Exploring in Amibroker.  Which regular processors would you
  recommend?

        AMD #xxxxx, of Intel
  #yyyy, or other #zzzzz.

  #3  I also want to have a very fast RAM.  What
  kind, how much, etc.

  TIA for your thoughts. Ron D

  Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.596
  / Virus Database: 379 - Release Date: 2/28/2004Send
  group FAQ at: <A

Click Here