color=#0000ff size=2>d

  From: vlanschot [mailto:ecbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 9:35 AMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] How to access
  exposures (holdings) in portfolio backtest
  Hello AB community,Compliments to all of you who have
  provided me with so many insights and clarifications. This beats any
  manual or help-desk (except, of course, Tomasz himself).I have
  been following your discussions for over a year now, although I didn't
  participate yet. I had hoped that I would be able to introduce myself, so
  to speak, by making a contribution instead of a request. As promised to
  Tomasz, I was, and still am planning to post my code on a risk factor
  model that is close to completion. I hope this will be beneficial to at
  least some of you, particularly those who attempt to integrate the
  fundamentals with the technicals, and compare performance to
  benchmarks.However, I got stuck on an important aspect of this model
  which is the running exposures (holdings) within the portfolio that is
  backtested. Although Tomasz is contemplating to arrange for this data
  to be called directly within AFL, in the meantime I thought I put this
  problem to you.Specifically, and from a portfolio-management
  point-of-view, I'd like to monitor the actual holdings (in $ or a % of
  total equity) of each and every security at each bar. The reason is that I
  need to calculate, based on my risk-factor model, the managed, as well as
  active risk I'm taking at each point in time. This is based on my
  absolute and relative weights (holdings) which allow me to calculate,
  for example, the absolute and relative contributions at both the
  risk-factor, as well as individual asset level, in particular to my
  tracking error. All this needs to be calculated as time series, which
  in turn allows me to calculate how good a strategy/system is at
  predicting risk/return. PositionSize does determine the size of the
  holding at the time of the trade, but I need to continue to monitor
  each holding at every bar, even when there is no trade.I've tried
  to re-engineer my holdings by first running the portfolio backtest, and
  then referring to the ~~~EQUITY array. I also know that details are logged
  in the detailed log, but has anybody found a more structural way to
  access/re-engineer this data?I would appreciate any
  suggestions/feedback, and look forward to future
  cooperation.Thanks,PatrickSend
  group FAQ at: <A

Click Here