[amibroker] Re: ^N225 timing (DT)

Chuck,

Like you I am checking every day to see if UA 2.7.8 is out
yet - sometimes I check twice in the same day.

My understanding is that UA 2.7.7 exports both actives and
inactives. A quick "explore" of my "trading" database which
just has stocks that were active at some point during the
last 250 days, finds 1,608 tickers whose last date is
earlier than my most recent download (Feb 26, 2004).

Filter = DateNum() < 1040226;

Currently the only way to identify inactives is to do  an
"explore" and then put the results into an "inactive"
watchlist.

UA gives every inactive stock a ticker symbol which I
assume is based on the ticker the stock had with it was
active.

For example, ACVA has a final date of 11/5/2003. Note there
is no prefix or suffix - rather just ACVA - a very normal
looking ticker. Other inactives have suffixes such as
ABSC-L which has a final data date of 11/10/2003. However,
there are other stocks that have the "-L" suffix that are
still active, such as ADD-L which has data up to today (Feb
26, 2004).

I see lots of suffixes (-V, -T, -L, and more) and even some
compound ones (like ADC+A-T). I do not have a clue what
each means - I have not got around to asking CSI support.

Perhaps some of these special stocks are Preferred shares,
or possibly special voting shares (ie, shares with 1,000
votes each that families sometimes use to retain control of
a business).

What is a bigger puzzle is that 2,258 tickers (of the
18,000 in my 250 day "trading" database) have data
histories of less than 10 days. And the real puzzle is that
2,160 of these are "active" in that they have data for Feb
26, 2004 (my most recent download). It is fairly safe to
say that there have not been 2,190 new IPOs in the last two
weeks. So why are there over 2,000 tickers with such short
histories?

Right now I am not worrying much about such puzzles. My
hope is that UA 2.7.8 will resolve most if not all of
these.

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools