Re: [amibroker] Re: ^N225 timing (DT)

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>b,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I sure
appreciate you taking the time to tell us about the UA/AB interface in your
usual thorough manner.   You're a bit ahead of me on this, as I'm
still using my own tools until UA 2.7.8 is available.   I just
checked... it isn't.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
One
thing I haven't seen you mention.   I'm under the impression that the
steps you describe won't make de-listed stocks automatically available to
AB.  Is this correct?   Is there a way to do so or do we continue
to need the tools that I have developed for de-listed stocks?   If the
answer is the later and anyone is interested in those tools, let me
know.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Cheerio
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: b
  [mailto:b519b@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 9:41
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] RE:
  CSI-UA export to AB (daily update time and
  steps)--- Dave Merrill <dmerrill@xxxxxxx>
  wrote:> b, thanks very much for your full and complete
  answer.Dave,You are welcome.You also asked about what
  a regular daily download/updateis like. It is fairly simple. If AB
  is running when UA does it daily download, UA willautomatically send the
  update data to AB as a series of CSVfiles that AB automatically imports.
  (This assumes one hasalready enabled UA's distribution #3 - the one for
  AB.) ABwill put the data it receives from UA into whateverdatabase is
  open in AB at the time, so one needs to makesure it is open to the one you
  want. Here is what I do. About 8 PM each night, I open AB.
  Then I open UA. I selectDatabase/Update Database from UA's menu. I leave
  thedefaults as is and just click on the Run button. I go awayand come
  back 15 minutes later and everything is finishedwith the new data in AB.
  To be sure that AB has written theupdates to the hard drive, I click on
  AB's save icon. That's all there is to it. About 5 mouse clicks and
  15minutes of unattended work by the computer.If I want a longer
  history export such as 250 days (tocatch any corrections CSI may have made
  to data forprevious days, or to create a new database in AB), I
  wouldlet UA do its regular download. Then
  openPreferences/Account/Distribution3 from the UA menu and thenclick
  on "Export history with next download". That willforce UA to export the
  number of bars in the "days ofhistory" box. Then I would tell UA to do a
  "Manual DatabaseDistribute" (on the Database menu). Of course, I
  would have AB open to whatever database Iwanted before clicking on the
  "Run" button in UA. It takes UA and AB about 8 minutes to export and
  import 250bars of data for all the US stocks and indexes. I use a
  250day database for "trading" purposes. That one gets
  updateddaily.To create a "research" database, I would do a
  ManualDatabase Distribute, but set the number of days to exportto
  2,500 (about 10 years worth which is the standard CSIsubscription) or
  3,250 in my case since I have paid for anextra 3 years of data. This
  distribution will take longer -a bit more than 1 hour on my computer - I
  do not have the precise time, because I just set it to run and come
  backafter doing something else like going to dinner. Personally I
  would only update my research database onceevery 2 to 8 weeks (just after
  a market wave or cycle iscomplete as defined by my primarily marketing
  timingsignal). For reasons stated in an earlier post, I would
  notupdate an existing research database, but would have ABcreate a
  new, blank one and then have UA send itsdistribution to AB to put into
  that new one.These times are approximate and milage will vary
  dependingon hard disk speed and CPU
  Yahoo!?Get better spam protection with Yahoo! Mail.<A
  href="">http://antispam.yahoo.com/toolsSend
  group FAQ at: <A