Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: danielwardadams
[mailto:danielwardadams@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004
10:18 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
Re: Reference Symbols -- still wonderingHi
Jayson,I had seen that description but I still don't know what it means.
I'm feeling pretty obtuse about it.Yesterday, I could swear I was
getting different backtest performance and Sharpe Ratio values depending on
whether this was checked. Today I can't reproduce those
differences.Regardless, I'm still curious about what "pad and align" is
supposed to mean. Is it checking some indicator for the overall market
health (the ^Rut in my case)? If so, what is the indicator and how are my
individual stock prices "padded and
aligned"?Dan--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> Daniel,> The help files
are full of information. I found this with the simple search>
"reference symbol" in quotes...> > Regards,> Jayson>
> Pad and align to reference symbol> > When this is turned
on, all symbols' quotes are padded and aligned to> reference symbol.
Note: by default this setting is OFF. Use responsibly. It> may slow
down backtest and introduce some slight changes to indicator values>
when your data has holes and holes are filled with previous bar data.
The> feature is intended to be used ONLY when your system uses general
market> timing (generates global signals based on data and/or
indicators calculated> using Foreign from 'reference' symbol). Note
2: if reference symbol does not> exist, data won't be padded.>
[mailto:danielwardadams@xxxx]> Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 9:21
AM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Re:
Reference Symbols -- still wondering> > > If there are any
people who understand the effect Reference Symbols> have on backtesting,
an explanation would be appreciated.> > TIA.> > ---
In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "danielwardadams">
<danielwardadams@xxxx> wrote:> > Can somebody explain to me what
checking the "Pad and align all> data> > to reference symbol"
box in Settings has on backtesting?? Also, in> > the Preferences
section, my reference symbol was set to "WIG". What> > is that and
how did it get set? (In Settings, I set it to "^Rut"> for> >
the Russell 2000).> >> > Checking this box does have an
effect on backtesting (not quite as> > good overall but more stable
performance) but I don't understand> > what "pad and align"
means.> >> > Any help would be appreciated.>
bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
Terms of Service.Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
group FAQ at: <A