Re: [amibroker] The Nikkei 2003timing

Dimitri,

There is a real problem with StrExtract function and everyone must
take care of building composite with this function
I have created a WL with 3 tickers, on 1 ticker I removed 5 bars on
recent data
and compared differents composite with the ex. below
only addtocomp is accurate...
sum of foreign (even with fixup=0) and strextract are inaccurate.

try it and cry !!!

SumCount=
IIf(Foreign("12062", "c",0),1,0) +
IIf(Foreign("12101", "c",0),1,0) +
IIf(Foreign("13330", "c",0),1,0) ;

function Composite( listnum )
{
list = GetCategorySymbols( categoryWatchlist, listnum );
Average = 0;f=0;
for( i = 0; ( sym = StrExtract( list, i ) ) != ""; i++ )
{
f = 1;
Average = Average + f;
}
return Average ;
}

Plot( Composite(2), "sum", colorPink );
//AddToComposite( 1, "~Count", "x");
Plot(Foreign( "~Count", "x"), "str", colorRed );
Plot(SumCount,"",colorWhite,1);

GraphXSpace=2;

<TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Stephane,
> > I have sent a message some time ago related to this behavior [I
am
> > far from the office now and I miss the reference]
> > The example you use does not work properly when the WL has some
> holes.
> > I didn't know the reason and thats why I asked.
> > Dimitris Tsokakis
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Stephane Carrasset"
> > <nenapacwanfr@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Thanks my amibroker's friends.
> > >
> > > Good to know that addto composite doe not filled data holes.
> > > I 'll begin to compare my composite.dll with
> > > AddToComposite(1,"~count","X");
> > > that's a good starting point to know why there are sometimes
> these
> > > differences.
> > >
> > > As we have written in the past messages the Afl functions
> > > (GetCategorySymbols and  StrExtract ex. below) can return a  RT
> > (real
> > > time ) composite but the lenght of this RT composite is reduced
> > > the ticker with the smallest data history.
> > >
> > > For an UNKNOWN reason if I call these functions (
> > GetCategorySymbols
> > > and StrExtract ) in a plugin I can built a composite in RT that
> is
> > > not reduced to  the smallest data history.
> > >

> > > function CompositeForWatchList( listnum )
> > > {
> > > list = GetCategorySymbols( categoryWatchlist, listnum );
> > > Average = 0;
> > > for( i = 0; ( sym = StrExtract( list, i ) ) != ""; i++ )
> > > {
> > > f = Foreign( sym, "C" );
> > > if( i == 0 ) Average = f;
> > > else Average = Average + f;