Re: [amibroker] The Nikkei 2003timing

There was an interesting thread [Subject:  Tomasz: Suggestion re
cyclic indicators], back on May 2002.It began with jtaylorhk # 17518, May19,
2002 and closed with #17622, May 20, 2002.Interesting TASC references were
included, together with explanatory gifs.The main problem is that FFT [or
parabolic fit] looks [strongly] into the future.We may see now, after Ace
code at <A
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/59058,
what is really going on.There are two NDX graphs in the att. gifThe
above graph is updated up to Jan6, 2004.
The red 20p line crosses the blue 40p line on Dec29, 2003 [red point
X]In the below graph, NDX is updated up to Feb18, 2004.We see that the
same cross is now placed at Jan6 [red point X], ie 5 bars later !!!As new
data are added, the lines of the past change !!!This undesirable property
makes the study useless, as Ace pointed out.I do not know how to overcome
this problem.Dimitris Tsokakis