[amibroker] Re: Indicator based on....

Graham,

I plotted the following and I don't think it is taking the last 5
days and compressing them together.  plot it and then bring up a
daily along with the code below in another indicator. Then open
another window and put it into a "weekly" format.

Bring up the stock USB

of the dates 2/11 | 2/10 | 2/9 | 2/6 | 2/5

The low of those dates according to my data with Quotes Plus is
27.50 comming from the date 2/6

The Open should have come from 2/5 and it would have been 27.98

The High and close from 2/11 would have been 28.03 {The highest in 5
days was the 11th and it also closed at it}

I think the code below is making a standard weekly chart (Mon. Thru
Fri.)?

I may be wrong, please let me know what your thoughts are?
Thanks for your help
Mark

TimeFrameSet(inDaily*5);
Title = Name() + " (" + StrLeft(FullName(), 15) + ")  Open " + Open
+ ", High " + High + ", Low " + Low + ", Close " + Close;
Plot(C,"",colorBlack,styleCandle);
TimeFrameRestore();

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:

> If you plot this it becomes similar to the weekly if your weeks
are all 5
> days long. It woiuld be different I expect if you have unpadded
data as not
> every week will have 5 trading days. If you compare it to weekly
plot you
> will see it . You will also find the bars are compressed up to the
recent
> end of the chart (ie start bar further to the right than the
original daily
> chart. It compresses 5 bars into 1, so if your original chart had
250 daily
> bars, the compressed chart will have 50 bars.
>
> TimeFrameSet(inDaily*5);
> Plot(C,"",colorBlack,styleCandle);
> TimeFrameRestore();
>
> The compressed 3 bar plot would be