[amibroker] Save a Stock Related Note on AB.......Can I?

<BLOCKQUOTE

  ----- Original Message -----
  <DIV
  >From:
  jnk1997
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 9:29
  AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Export to
  Metastock format

  >>>Have you considered doing things in reverse?  In other
  words, use a program that downloads in Metastock format (e.g., dCenter)
  and then use the MS plugin for AB.  Works very
  well.<<<The only difference would be: Thomasz has done an
  excellent job with Amiquote 1.62. It downloads flawlessly now from Yahoo
  Historical.Will other downloaders freeze up after 40-60 symbols? Will
  their developers be as responsive as Thomasz in fixing problems?

  AQ is a good program but does
  not download into Metastock format which is used by other programs.  If
  one uses programs that use MS format, then downloading directly in
  MS is the simplest approach (simply download and no conversions), especially
  when the program sorts the data into folders using Metastock's Downloader
  (quite convenient).  As for reliability, etc., I have used the program
  for 3 years or so without a hitch for both current and historical data
  and most likely similar programs are OK as well.  Once or twice
  when Yahoo changed format, etc. an upgrade was downloaded within a day, so
  yes these guys are responsive.  Not trying to sell anything, just
  pointing out what is currently, imo, the easiest route, and in my world easy
  is good.
  <FONT
  color=#800000>RegardsJim---
  In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "wavemechanic" <wd78@x...> wrote:>
  >   ----- Original Message ----- >   From:
  mickeyamelinckx >   To: <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  >   Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 6:11
  AM>   Subject: [amibroker] Re: Export to Metastock
  format> > >   I have the downloader.  But
  this is a very tedious way or could this >   be automized
  true batch files.  I guess I´m the only one here wanting
  >   to use quotes captured by amiquote into Metastock format.
  (sorry but >   there are still programs who use MS
  format) >   Isn´t there a pluggin to export to MS format
  ?> >   Have you considered doing things in
  reverse?  In other words, use a program that downloads in Metastock
  format (e.g., dCenter) and then use the MS plugin for AB.  Works very
  well.> >   Thank in advance> >
  >   --- In <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "Graham" <gkavanagh@x...>
  wrote:>   > The only way is to export the data to text
  files and use the MS >   Downloader>   >
  to set up the metastock database. The downloader is now available
  >   as a free>   > download from equis
  site. You can then use your metastock database >   with
  AB>   > using the MS plugin.>   >
  >   > Cheers,>   >
  Graham>   > <A
  href="">http://www.golala.com/forums/?mforum=asxsharetrading>
  href="">http://groups.msn.com/fmsaustralia
  >   > >   > -----Original
  Message----->   > From: mickeyamelinckx
  [mailto:mickeyA@xxxx] >   > Sent: Saturday, 31 January
  2004 11:20 PM>   > To: <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  > Subject: [amibroker] Export to Metastock format>   >
  >   > >   > Hello, maybe this question
  has been anwsered already but I haven´t >   > found it
  jet !>   > I´m wondering if there is a tool to export INA
  A QUICK DIRECT WAY >   to >   >
  Metastock format in a direct way from Amibroker and multiple ticker
  >   > at ones ?   I fould a plug-in but this
  seem to export to ascii, >   no ?  >
  > Anyway I haven´t found out how it really works then.
  >   > This way I could use my amibroker tickers with other
  software which >   > still uses MS
  standard.>   > >   > Thanks in
  advance>   > >   >
  href="">bugs@x...>   > Send SUGGESTIONS
  to suggest@x...>   >
  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------->   ~-->
  Buy>   > Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson,
  Canon or Lexmark >   Printer>   > at
  MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US &
  Canada.>   > <A
  href="">http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511>
  href="">http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM>

  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
  > >   Send BUG REPORTS to <A
  href="">bugs@x...>   Send SUGGESTIONS to <A
  href="">suggest@x...>
  to:>    <A
  href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
  to:>    <A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/Send
  BUG REPORTS to <A
  href="">bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  <A
  href="">suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post
  AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: <A
  href="">amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web
  page: <A
  group FAQ at: <A
  Yahoo! Groups LinksTo visit your group on the web, go
  to: <A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/To
  unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: <A