  >From:
  Ken Close
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 2:20
  PM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: Backtesting
  and Backtesters
  Mark:  I just got around to verifying this stated
  benefit for why youcontinue to use the OLD (v4.4) backtester.As I
  can not "see" this statistic anywhere, can you lead me by the handto show
  me where you get this statistic (profit/bar in %) and whatsettings you
  make to ensure it appears.I see a "Profit/bar" column in the new
  backtester output but it does notseem to be in percent.What am I
  missing, please.Ken-----Original Message-----From:
  quanttrader714 [mailto:quanttrader714@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Thursday, January
  29, 2004 3:19 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Backtesting and BacktestersTrade list for old backtester also gives
  profit/bar in % which the newbacktester does not.  I use this a lot
  so it's one of the main reasonsI use it.--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:> Can
  someone tell me why one would use the old version backtesterrather>
  than the new Portfolio Backtester or even the Individual
  NewBacktester.> Can you give a specific example to illustrate
  please.  If you continue> to use the old backtest module would you
  mind explaining why you doso?> > I have been examining the
  issue of the benefits of the Portfolio> Backtester over the old
  backtester, and while I conclude that it isvery> hard to make an
  apples to apples comparison, it can also be shown that> the ranking
  portion of the new backtester leads to greater profits and> lower
  drawdowns when the same total Equity is traded in both testers(of>
  course, along with the same watchlist members tested over the
  samedate> range).> > Can I PLEASE have some comments
  on this topic from anyone who has an> opinion or experience.>
  > Thanks,> > KenSend BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at:<A
  Yahoo! Groups LinksTo visit your group on the web, go
  to:<A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/To
  to:amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour use of Yahoo! Groups
  is subject to:<A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
  Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.