Re: [amibroker] Re: Backtesting and Backtesters

<BLOCKQUOTE

  ----- Original Message -----
  <DIV
  >From:
  Ken Close
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">AmiBroker List
  Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 4:36
  AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Really Off-Topic: CD
  Drive Motor

  I finally can not stand it any more and need to ask if any of
  youexperience this:My CD drive, when it contains a CD, will
  randomly spin its motor (Ithink it is the motor) and hum for 10 to 20
  seconds at a time.  If Ipress the open button during one of these
  spins, it of course stops.Otherwise, it stops on its own and will repeat
  at some random time inthe future.  Based on the sound, it seems like
  it is really revving highRPMs.

  Just a guess.  Perhaps it is
  looking for an automatic setup/installation/start up file, and that action is
  precipitated by something that you are doing.  Does the CD have to stay
  in the drive?This really bugs me but everything else
  about it operates just asnormal.Anyone else experience this and do
  you have an explanation?Sorry for such an off topic question, but this
  group has lots ofcollective experience and I am sure I can get some
  information.Thanks,KenSend BUG REPORTS to <A
  href="">bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  <A
  href="">suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post
  AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: <A