[amibroker] Aroon and ATR

Jayson -

Thanks - Your third paragraph is exactly what I am looking to do.

"If you only want to verify that today's signal was not preceded by
another signal in the last X days then you might have a look at
Barsince(), where barssince(ref(buy,-1) > X number of days....."

I tried to write this and got nowhere. Can you please explain this
barssince more in detail. I have no real name for my signal I have
(suchs as MACD, etc..), instead just have it set up as follows in
automatic analysis with the indicator builder as :

 "Buy = Cover = Close>span1 AND tl>sl AND DL>Close"

If these three items are true, then a green up arrow shows up. My
problem is the green arrows are not a one time event, but continue to
show up each day in sequence if the three are true. I want to find a
way to say "if this is the FIRST DAY for the green arrow showing up,
then that stock will show up on my list of scans.

I know I am probabaly making it more complicated than it seems, but I
am a newbie here. Thanks for your patience.

JMB

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> Jim,
> I am not sure I understand. Are you running an exploration and want
to see
> only stocks meeting your buy criteria over X number of days? If so
then...

> Filter=Buy;
>
> will show only those stocks. Set the n= days to the number of days
you wish
> to look back (n=1 for current day, n=5 for signals in the last 5
days etc).

> If you only want to verify that today's signal was not preceded by
another
> signal in the last X days then you might have a look at Barsince(),
where
> barssince(ref(buy,-1) > X number of days.....
>
> Regards,
> Jayson

Service.