[amibroker] Off-Topic: Zacks

Ah....
When you run the exploration rt click a result then choose "Show actual trades"
This will suppress additional buy signals until a sell has been reached. An
alternative is to use Exrem() in your buy sell
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>buy=exrem(buy,sell);
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>sell=exrem(sell,buy);
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
description for BarsSince and Exrem can be found in the help files under "AFL".
There is also a section on running explorations which you may find good
reading  :)

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: jmbruegge
[mailto:jmbruegge@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 12:19
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Formula question for Ichimoku ChartJayson -
Thanks - Your third paragraph is exactly what I am looking to do.
"If you only want to verify that today's signal was not preceded by
another signal in the last X days then you might have a look at
Barsince(), where barssince(ref(buy,-1) > X number of days....."I
tried to write this and got nowhere. Can you please explain this barssince
more in detail. I have no real name for my signal I have (suchs as MACD,
etc..), instead just have it set up as follows in automatic analysis with
the indicator builder as :"Buy = Cover = Close>span1 AND tl>sl AND
DL>Close"If these three items are true, then a green up arrow shows
up. My problem is the green arrows are not a one time event, but continue to
show up each day in sequence if the three are true. I want to find a way
to say "if this is the FIRST DAY for the green arrow showing up, then that
stock will show up on my list of scans.I know I am probabaly making it
more complicated than it seems, but I am a newbie here. Thanks for your
patience.JMB--- In
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:>
Jim,> I am not sure I understand. Are you running an exploration and want
to see> only stocks meeting your buy criteria over X number of days?
If so then...> > Filter=Buy;> > will show only
those stocks. Set the n= days to the number of days you wish> to look
back (n=1 for current day, n=5 for signals in the last 5 days etc).>
days.....> > Regards,> Jayson> -----Original
Message-----> From: jmbruegge [mailto:jmbruegge@xxxx]> Sent:
Tuesday, January 20, 2004 4:48 PM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amibroker] Formula question for Ichimoku Chart> >
> Greetings -> > I am using an Ichimoku chart for buy/sell
signals and have written a> program that finds the signals and displays a
green or red arrow> depending on the signal. I am NOT using a crossover
as a signal but> rather a series of events occuring togther to give the
signal. My> question is when I do a scan for potential stocks and
signals, the> scan only shows stocks that have the red or green arrow,
and the> problem is the arrows may already have been preexisting starting
a> day ago, or a few months ago; i.e. I am having difficulty>
finding "new" signals from the last few days or so.> > Heres my ?
- How can I write a line in the formula that asks "find> all stocks with
this signal, but make sure there is NO signal that> has been given for
the prior 5 days?"> > All help is appreciated.> >
Cheers JMB> > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
Terms of Service.Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
group FAQ at: <A

  To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
  href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.