  >From:
  Dave Merrill

  To: <A
  href=""
  title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 12:52
  PM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Strange
  subscript out of range

  <SPAN
  class=974062604-19012004>KK, please excuse if I'm saying stuff you already
  know, and please someone set me straight if I'm off base.
  <SPAN
  class=974062604-19012004>
  <SPAN
  class=974062604-19012004>As I understand it, in AB *every* array, no matter
  how it's used in your code, is sized to the number of bars in the current
  ticker, ie, BarCount elements, starting at [0] and ending at [BarCount-1]. For
  example, say you needed an array of 10 particular numbers for use as MA
  periods you want to cycle through for whatever reason. That array actually has
  BarCount elements, always, even if you use only the first 10. For a stock with
  many years of data, that's thousands of unused elements. You also need to be
  careful to access only array elements that actually exists, or you'll get
  subscript out of range errors; that's the reason for stopping your loop at i
  < BarCount. Watch this especially when you hit a stock with no data. You
  can't even put those 10 numbers in an array in that case.
  <SPAN
  class=974062604-19012004>
  <SPAN
  class=974062604-19012004>If you're used to programming in other general
  purpose languages, you may find this aspect of arrays in AB a little
  counterintuitive. I know I did, but they're still really
  useful.
  <SPAN
  class=974062604-19012004>
  <SPAN
  class=974062604-19012004>Dave
  <BLOCKQUOTE

    Thanks for your help. Just for discussion
    purpose, isn't count=0 at the beginning of my code should have initialise
    all count array to 0 (zero) ?
    The problem is solved after I changed the
    for(j=1;j<500;j++) to for(j=1;j<barcount;j++). The key is using
    barcount, although I'm still not really understand the rationale behind but
    it is working now.

    Graham, thanks to you too. That is another way
    to do it but a bit slow.

    best regards
    KKSend BUG
  REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.