RE: [amibroker] Russel 2000 / Mutual Fund trading problem

Al, I have tried it
but I dont have any definitive conclusion so will be interesting to see your
results, you can trying multiplying as well as additions. Would you mind let me
know once you have completed your exercise. I have tried it on a breakout
system. I figured that I want both random() and NV2 have the
right degree of influence.

NV2=(V-BBandBot(V,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>50,2))/(<FONT
color=#ff00ff>0.000000001+<FONT
color=#0000ff>BBandTop(V,50,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>2)-BBandBot(V,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>50,2));
PositionScore=Random()+NV2;
// or this one
PositionScore=Random()<SPAN
class=231551202-19012004>*NV2;

<FONT face=Arial
size=2>/Paul.

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Al Venosa
  [mailto:advenosa@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, 19 January 2004 12:52
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  Re: Question on Position Score ranking
  Thank you, Paul. Believe it or not, I just came to that very conclusion
  as I was testing. You are indeed correct. It's probably best simply to use
  PositionScore = Random(), which simply picks any 5 stocks randomly from the
  watchlist. That way, one can compare randomly picked stocks with stocks
  having high volume to evaluate the volume variable in its purest form. A very
  neat little trick.
  <BLOCKQUOTE