color=#0000ff size=2>d

From: Jim [mailto:bankedout@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 3:22 PMTo:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re: Exploration to find
"Empty" values
"> If they haven't been trading you should be able to filter
on Close.  > Either way, check out the IsNull
function."I want them to be trading.  I'm looking for stocks with
less than 2 years of price history.  Initial Public Offerings
etc.I tried this:Filter= ROC(C,102)=IsNull;AddColumn
(ROC(C,104),"2yr%chg"); And then tried pushing Explore.  Amibroker
does not like this.  It points to right before the = sign and tells me
I have a syntax error.  I'm trying to "tell" Amibroker that I want
those stocks which have ROC(C,102) value of "nothing" (not ZERO).Any
ideas?Jim------------------------------------------------------------------------
In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sloughbridge" <sloughbridge@xxxx>
wrote:> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jim"
<bankedout@xxxx> wrote:> > Hello,> > > > I
am wondering how to do something with an exploration.> > > >
If I Filter my database for Close > Zero, it will return all of my
> > stocks.> > > > If I then Add a Column which
displays the Rate of Change for the > > Close,102 weeks  This
displays mostly stocks with a number value.  > > Either
positive or negative, depending on how their price has > > changed
over the past 2 years.> > > > But, if I sort by this ROC 2
years column, there are quite a few > > results where there is no
value.  I'm guessing these are issues > > which haven't been
trading for 2 years.> > > > How do I screen specifically for
ROC(C,120)="No Value"> > > > What do I put in place of "No
Value"?> > If they haven't been trading you should be able to
filter on Close.  > Either way, check out the IsNull
function.Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend
SUGGESTIONS to
group FAQ at: <A

  To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
  href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.