color=#0000ff size=2>d

From: Jim [mailto:bankedout@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 4:07 PMTo:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re: Exploration to find
"Empty" values
Amibroker does not like this either.Filter = ROC(C,102)
== IsNull; AddColumn (ROC(C,104),"2yr%chg"); Hmm.  Maybe if
I search the help files I downloaded.  Thanks for your
input.Jim------------------------------------------------------------------------
In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:> try
filter = roc(c,102) == isnull;>  > = is for
assignments>  > == is for comparing>  >
d> >   _____  > > From: Jim
[mailto:bankedout@xxxx] > Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 3:22 PM>
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Re: Exploration to
find "Empty" values> > > "> If they haven't been trading
you should be able to filter on > Close.  > > Either way,
check out the IsNull function."> > I want them to be
trading.  I'm looking for stocks with less than 2 > years of
price history.  Initial Public Offerings etc.> > I tried
this:> > Filter= ROC(C,102)=IsNull;> AddColumn
(ROC(C,104),"2yr%chg"); > > And then tried pushing Explore.
Amibroker does not like this.  It > points to right before the =
sign and tells me I have a syntax > error.  I'm trying to "tell"
Amibroker that I want those stocks > which have ROC(C,102) value of
"nothing" (not ZERO).> > Any ideas?> > Jim>
--------------------------------------------------------------------->
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sloughbridge" <sloughbridge@xxxx>
<bankedout@xxxx> wrote:> > > Hello,> > >
> > > I am wondering how to do something with an
exploration.> > > > > > If I Filter my database for
Close > Zero, it will return all of > my > > >
stocks.> > > > > > If I then Add a Column which
displays the Rate of Change for the > > > Close,102 weeks
This displays mostly stocks with a number > value.  > >
> Either positive or negative, depending on how their price has > >
> changed over the past 2 years.> > > > > > But, if
I sort by this ROC 2 years column, there are quite a few > > >
results where there is no value.  I'm guessing these are issues
> > > which haven't been trading for 2 years.> > >
> > > How do I screen specifically for ROC(C,120)="No
Value"> > > > > > What do I put in place of "No
Value"?> > > > If they haven't been trading you should be
able to filter on > Close.  > > Either way, check out the
IsNull function.> > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
>   > > *      Your use
of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service> <<A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
.Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend
SUGGESTIONS to
group FAQ at: <A

  To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
  href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.