[amibroker] Re: A couple ?'s

I am a
newbie here also I have used metastock before and switching it over is a new
experience to me. in many respects, it is a positive one. The language itself is
so powerful that i never dream of  and backtesting is awesome. As for
reading charts. There is some plus and some minuses, but mainly i say its
dfferent. So if i compare it with Metastock, it wouldn't be fair because i have
had a long expereince with MS. I think the direction of AB is absolutely
correct. There is one area of improvement that i would myself happier about it -
documentation.
there
are so many powerful ways to use AB and it is so flexible, most of these are
only there if you search on the forum. For example, I find the equity() function
very powerful. but there is no more than 1 page written on it in the user
manual. if you search hard, you will find it. May that makes the journey more
worthwhile.
Keep
doing the good work ,the amibroker team, a great product and a very happy
customer.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>/Paul.

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: b
  [mailto:b519b@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, 13 January 2004 5:32
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] A
  great program (was Gettin Started)James,With
  respect, I think you have yet to realize that thedeveloper is exceptional
  in tune with his users andpotential users. All the features of this
  program -features that might confuse a newcomer for the first fewweeks
  - are here because existing, registered (ie payingusers) have requested
  that they be added. Because AB is an exceptually powerful program
  which becomesmore so each month, its future is assured in my opinion.
  I am sure that if the user base of AB was not increasing,that the
  developer would notice and change the direct ofdevelopment to make the
  program simplier (ie, lesspowerful).As for me, I am pleased with
  the developer's ability to addfeatures and to make these new features as
  simple aspossible without compromising power and flexibility.
  b--- hoss <xzef@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:>
  Thanks> > This is a decent piece of software. Unfortunatly
  the> developer has taylored> it to those who enjoy tinkering
  with softwere more than> to those who need it> for trading. That
  eventually will be to to the developers> regret. As proud> as he
  may be of having it that way,in no time at all some> other developer
  is> going to write something that the people who need it can>
  use. Certainly> there is something somewhere on the web site where
  the> secrets of using the> program are reveald but time is
  valuable and people who> actually trade need> to spend their
  time doing reesearch on the market. I'll> bet that the>
  developer is totally clueless as to the number of people> who don't
  register> because they never actually get to the point of
  looking> at the charts they> want to see.> >

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.