  >From:
  <A title=chuck_rademacher@xxxxxxxxxx
  href="">chuck_rademacher@xxxxxxxxxx

  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 1:17
  AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Kalman Filter and/or
  PREV statement
  Some time ago, a user asked for help converting the Kalman
  Filter to AFL.   I found the original request for assistance, but
  can find no replies in the archive.Unfortunately, the Kalman Filter
  wants to make use of the MetaStock-like PREV statement.   Something
  like this:yy = close * 20;xx = yy + (0.8 * PREV(xx));The
  above has been simplified to show the problem, not to resemble the logic for
  the Kalman Filter.Has anyone coded the Kalman Filter in AFL and/or
  figured a way to access the previous value of a calculation on the same line
  where it is being set?I also remember some posts regarding the PREV
  statement, but can't recall that it was really put to
  bed.ThanksSend BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend
  SUGGESTIONS to
  Yahoo! Groups LinksTo visit your group on the web, go
  to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/To unsubscribe
  from this group, send an email
  to: amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour use of Yahoo!
  Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

  This is the error code that I get when I run the program. Since I do not
  know the first thing about programming could you give me a hand. I would
  appreciate it

  Line 629, Column 9:ThisIsLastBar = BarIndex() == LastValue(
  BarIndex() );
  WriteIf(thisislastbar,"LastBar -- use Scan for Signals","");

  WriteIf(mp!=0,"Previous stop order at: " +
  NumToStr(---------------------------------------------------^
  Error 23.Syntax error

  Thanks,
  John

  sjaak haasnoot <sjaakhaasnoot@xxxxxxxxx>
  wrote:
  <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq

    Al,

    I solved the problem by renaming the variable
    Mp into Mpos.
    Thank you,

    Sjaak

    <BLOCKQUOTE