Re: [amibroker] A couple ?'s

This is my last on the subject....

I have read countless sites of definitions of spyware. I have read the
privacy page on the NetCaptor site.  I have corresponded with the author
of the NetCaptor program.

If they **TELL** you ahead of time they are going to send info back to
the server on the site you will visit, then it is ad-supported freeware,
with targeted advertising in place of you buying the software.  YOU
CHOOSE.

If they do not tell you they are installing means to feed info back to a
central site, then that is SPYWARE.  You do not get to choose because
you do not know.

The former is open, above board, disclosure up front, and is the price
you pay for the so-called free software.

The latter is stealth, surreptitious, sneaky, dishonest, and probably is
not associated with any above-board offering.

This seems to be the definitions used a variety of places.

NetCaptor is advertising supported, and even this is turned off if you
register the product.

I do not use the NetCaptor program.

Enuff.

Ken