[amibroker] Re: dividend (more on the subject)

--- Howard Bandy <howardbandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I recommend we work with what we already have, and be conservative when
> examining back test results.

I suppose anyone who cared could do a partial confirming test as follows:

1. Develop a system using CSI data (to get inactive stocks included). I am assuming
one would be using the CSI data export that is not corrected for dividends. I know
one can have CSI export data that is corrected for dividends, but I am currently
using CSI data that does not consider dividends.

2. Once one has a good system with stage 1, then rerun the best settings just on
ACTIVE stocks using CSI data.

3. Run the same settings used in 2 on data downloaded from Yahoo.

4. Compare 2 and 3. If they are similar then one could conclude that dividends are
not significant.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511