RE: [amibroker] 1.65 gigs OK for awhile?

Hi
There are a few things you
would need to do. Jope I have it correct have just gone through this m=yself
when the "experts" stuffed up installing a new drive on my older computer,
motherboard was limited to 40GB and I could only buy 80GB so had to partition it
as 2x40GB and install it correctly. One "expert" had told me it could not be
done due to the age of my motherboard (~3yrs old), but having broken my teeth in
the old days when fast comps were 12MHz and HDs measured in MBs found I had to
do it myself anyway.

1. The hard drives, new and
old would need to have the dipswitches set so that the old one is Primary and
new is secondary. These settings are available in the information manual you
should get with the hard drives, or you can get them from the websites of the
manufacturers.

2. You would need the comm
cable for double hard drives, end conection is the C drive normally (this
is wide flat cable with the red edge stripe positioned furthest from the mother
board.

3. Run Fdisk to set the new
drive to be set as usable dos drive (not sure if XP does this for
you?) and format the drive

4. Windows will then
recognise the drive and you are in business.

Cheers,Graham<A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/asxsharetrading<A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/fmsaustralia

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: mrdavis9
  [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, 15 December 2003 7:58
  AMTo: amibrokeryahoogroupsSubject: [amibroker] 1.65 gigs
  OK for awhile?

  Sorry about this off topic, but this post
  below  to TC support was rejected, and don't know who else to ask? TIA
  for all advice. Ron D

  This was rejected by the TC2k support
  server.
  My computer's 9.3 gig HD is almost full. It has
  1.65 gigs of free space.  I have installed a second HD to handle
  additional data, but I have not found anyone yet to configure it so that
  my computer will be able to use this extra HD capacity.

  I ordered a TC2k CD  <FONT
  face=Arial size=4>that I was told I would be able to download data
  starting  on Jan 12,2003.

  If I am able to hire someone to
  make this second 20gig HD available by January 1,2004,
  do you think that It will probably be OK to add
  TC2k now so that I can start using the TC2k data?  I have XP  pro,
  and do not have any crashing or freezing problems at all.
  Ron D

  by AVG anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.550
  / Virus Database: 342 - Release Date: 12/11/2003Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.