From: <A title=gkavanagh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
href="">Graham To: <A
title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<BLOCKQUOTE

  Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2003 6:09
  PM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] 1.65 gigs OK for
  awhile?

  Hi
  There are a few things
  you would need to do. Jope I have it correct have just gone through this
  m=yself when the "experts" stuffed up installing a new drive on my older
  computer, motherboard was limited to 40GB and I could only buy 80GB so had to
  partition it as 2x40GB and install it correctly. One "expert" had told me it
  could not be done due to the age of my motherboard (~3yrs old), but having
  broken my teeth in the old days when fast comps were 12MHz and HDs measured in
  MBs found I had to do it myself anyway.
  <FONT
face=Arial>
  1. The hard drives, new
  and old would need to have the dipswitches set so that the old one is Primary
  and new is secondary. These settings are available in the information manual
  you should get with the hard drives, or you can get them from the websites of
  the manufacturers.
  <FONT
face=Arial>
  2. You would need the
  comm cable for double hard drives, end conection is the C drive normally
  (this is wide flat cable with the red edge stripe positioned furthest from the
  mother board.
  <FONT
face=Arial>
  3. Run Fdisk to set the
  new drive to be set as usable dos drive (not sure if XP does this
  for you?) and format the drive
  <FONT
face=Arial>
  4. Windows will then
  recognise the drive and you are in business.

  Cheers,Graham<A
  href="">http://groups.msn.com/asxsharetrading<A
  href="">http://groups.msn.com/fmsaustralia

    <FONT
    face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: mrdavis9
    [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, 15 December 2003 7:58
    AMTo: amibrokeryahoogroupsSubject: [amibroker] 1.65
    gigs OK for awhile?

    Sorry about this off topic, but this post
    below  to TC support was rejected, and don't know who else to ask? TIA
    for all advice. Ron D

    <FONT
size=4>==============================================
    This was rejected by the TC2k support
    server.
    My computer's 9.3 gig HD is almost full. It has
    1.65 gigs of free space.  I have installed a second HD to handle
    additional data, but I have not found anyone yet to configure it so
    that my computer will be able to use this extra HD capacity.

    I ordered a TC2k CD
     that I was told I would be able to
    download data starting  on Jan 12,2003.

    If I am able to hire someone to
    make this second 20gig HD available by January 1,2004,
    do you think that It will probably be OK to add
    TC2k now so that I can start using the TC2k data?  I have XP  pro,
    and do not have any crashing or freezing problems at all.
    Ron D

    Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A
    href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version:
    6.0.550 / Virus Database: 342 - Release Date:
    12/11/2003Send BUG REPORTS to
    bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
    <A
    group FAQ at: <A