[amibroker] Re: PositionScore Ideas

A Journalist never reveals his source other than the already known
(published) ones, but you can be rest assured that it is the best.

I'm not a TC2000 user, though I have used demo versions of it and
still may have it in my system.

I have played with BOP in the past trying to use it as an indicator
sytem (futile attempt) but never looked at it from PositionScore
point of view until I read your post.  I will be eagerly awaiting
your research results based on BOP.

I'm now using the RSW function posted by Greg and tested by Phsst
which seems to be the excellent one, so far.  All my previous
attempts to find a good PositionScore criteria including
PerformanceScore() posted earlier which uses the equity drawdown of
each underlying instrument were futile.  Though I think it can be
perfected using Herman's sumOfEquitiesWL code (if I can find time to
do it.)  I will use this RSW until you or somebody else comes out
with a better one (BOP,  sumOfEquitiesWL or something else.)

rgds, Pal

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> Pal, thanks for this (I think :-) ).  I initially thought you had
messed
> up and copied the same section many times, but upon closer reading,
> see each section is slightly different than the last.
>
> It is not clear how close this will come to the internal TC2000
> so-called "proprietary" indicator, nor how much time I might have
to do
> comparison tests of all of the variations.
>
> Nonetheless, thanks for sharing it.  What was the source for this
> information if I may ask?  Also, do you have any personal experience
> with it and the variations?   Are you a TC2000 user and have thus
made
> comparisons?  Just fishing for info that might make my research a
little
> shorter.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Ken

The
> > indicator ranks each issue in the database against every other
> issue in
> > the database, based on its performance for the last 12 months.
> >
> > Every issue is ranked from 0 to 99 so that its rank is equal to
the
> > percentage of issues that it has outperformed over the previous
12
> month
> > period. A rating of 92, for example, means that the issue has
> > outperformed 92% of all of the issues in the database.
> >
> > The formula is :
> >
> > ( Current Close / Close from 62 trading days ago ) * .4
> >
> > + ( Close from 63 trading days ago / Close from 125 trading days
> ago ) *
> > .2
> >
> > + ( Close from 126 trading days ago / Close from 188 trading days
> ago )
> > * .2
> >
> > + ( Close from 189 trading days ago / Close from 251 trading days
> ago )
> > * .2
> >
> > This value is sorted for all of the issues, and the top 1% of
> issues get
> > a value of 99. The other issues are ranked similarly, down to the
> bottom
> > 1%, which get a value of 0.
> >

> > Phsst <phsst@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > QRS is updated daily and goes as far back as 6/1/1995 in the QP2
> > database.
> >
> > Just a suggestion... set aside whatever preconcieved notions you
may
> > have about this and take the time to research it and do a little
due
> > diligence. You might be glad you did.
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Al Venosa" <advenosa@xxxx>
wrote:
> > > Thanks, Phsst. I'm a QP2 user also. But all those QP2
GetExtraData
> > variables are not updated daily, so I don't think they would be
> useful
> > for a short-term trading system like I was talking about. Using
> > PositionScore over a modest time period, you'd get the same 4
stocks
> > all the time, wouldn't you, or at least until they get updated.
> > Perhaps QRS gets updated weekly, so maybe that wouldn't be as
bad,
> but
> > I think I'd like something that is more reflective of the trade
> system
> > duration, in other words, something that I can update daily at
EOD.

QP2

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cgs1a21/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=

roupweb/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1071424238/A=1853618/R=0/*http:/www.netfli