[amibroker] Re: PositionScore Ideas

Greg,

This backtest comparison is for illustrative purposes only. I make no
claims regarding these test results other than the AFL and Setup
criteria was identical for both tests. The only difference was the
assignment of PositionScore = QRS versus PositionScore = RSW.

NOTE:

// RSW = .4*(Total Return 13-Week)+.3*(Total Return 26-Week)+.3*(Total
Return 1-Year)
tr13 = 0.4 * (C - Ref(C, -65)) / Ref(C, -65) * 100;
tr26 = 0.3 * (C - Ref(C, -130)) / Ref(C, -130) * 100;
tr52 = 0.3 * (C - Ref(C, -260)) / Ref(C, -260) * 100;
RSW = tr13 + tr26 + tr52;
PositionScore = RSW;

Date Range 6/1/1995 to Present (No QRS scores exist prior to this)

Direct comparison:

	RSW SCORE		QRS SCORE
 	Long trades		Long trades
Initial capital	100000		100000
Ending capital	22984180	190338380
Net Profit	22884180	190238380
Net Profit %	22884.18%	190238.38%
Exposure %	94.25%		94.16%
Net RAR %	24280.98%	202035.63%
Annual Return %	89.07%	        142.19%
Risk Adj Retn %	94.50%		151.01%

All trades	7431 (100.00 %)	7487 (100.00 %)
 Avg. Profit/Loss	3079.56 25409.16
 Avg. Profit/Loss %	-4.16%	-2.88%
 Avg. Bars Held	         2.65	2.63

Winners	         3829 (51.53 %)	4066 (54.31 %)
 Total Profit	64437022.92	436648089.7
 Avg. Profit	16828.68	107390.09
 Avg. Profit %	3.10%		3.13%
 Avg. Bars Held	2.33		2.33
 Max. Consecutive	17	17
 Largest win	978262.15	7798920.06
 # bars in largest win	2	2

Losers	3602 (48.47 %)		3421 (45.69 %)
 Total Loss	-41552842.92	-246409709.4
 Avg. Loss	-11536.05	-72028.56
 Avg. Loss %	-11.88%		-10.03%
 Avg. Bars Held	2.98		2.99
 Max. Consecutive	13	12
 Largest loss	-542767		-4301835.5
 # bars in largest loss	6	6

Max. trade drawdown	-610851.92	-4864832.72
Max. trade % drawdown	-98.69%		-99.67%
Max. system drawdown	-2119041.36	-15587244.83
Max. system % drawdown	-34.68%		-27.63%
Recovery Factor	10.8		12.2
CAR/MaxDD	2.57		5.15
RAR/MaxDD	2.72		5.46
Profit Factor	1.55		1.77
Payoff Ratio	1.46		1.49
Standard Error	2982472.3	25676798.01
Risk-Reward Ratio	0.44	0.38
Ulcer Index	12.1		7.64
Ulcer Performance Index	6.92	17.9
Sharpe Ratio of trades	-0.72	-0.86
K-Ratio	                 1.09	0.93

FWIW, I have some other systems / variations that I'll run a RSW vs.
QRS comparison on. If there are any notable improvements to the RSW
results, I'll post them.

Regards,

Phsst

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Greg" <gregbean@xxxx> wrote:
> Phsst,
>
> Yes I think it is (Total Return 13-Week) means (Pct Price gain in
> 13-Weeks). The terms are from ValueLine, I think.
> http://www.valueline.com/
>
> IBD definition of Relative Strength:
>
>  Relative Price Strength (RS) Rating or Relative StrengthThis IBD
SmartSelect® Corporate Rating measures each stock's price performance
over the latest twelve months compared to all other stocks. The rating
scale ranges from 1 (lowest) to 99 (highest). Stocks rating below 70
indicate weaker or more laggard relative price performance.
> http://www.investors.com/
>

> Greg

11/21/2003
>   >
>   >
>   >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   >   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>   >   Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   >   Check group FAQ at:
>   >
>   >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511